News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Name Changes

Started by Liverpool Street, December 23, 2013, 10:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 11, 2014, 04:16:28 PM
Heh, one more person changes without prior authentication then the name change opportunity will be withdrawn.

I find it funny how people just don't bother to read the rules. They're printed like, everywhere.

I ask for this one thing...

Name & shame LS!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Me personally, I'd disable it. If someone wants to change their forum username, then they can request it.  Just my opinion.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

Would it be possible to make any name changes require approval from a mod before they were applied on the site? That way people can still change their name but purely at the discretion of the staff?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: trident4370 on September 11, 2014, 07:11:42 PM
Would it be possible to make any name changes require approval from a mod before they were applied on the site? That way people can still change their name but purely at the discretion of the staff?

Very good idea Trident!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 11, 2014, 08:06:14 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on September 11, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

Very good idea Trident!

It's not really possible with SMF. What I've seen done on other SMF sites (including one I administered before  ;)) is a thread where users request name changes, which the admins/mods can action if required. Or a simple PM to an admin/mod, who can make the change for them.

I'm not one myself for constantly wanting to change my username, so its not a massive inconvenience for me.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

That's a pity, I guess if anything was to change Stu, your idea would be best!

winston

Auth. Name Change

LiamOnTheBuses changes to Liam
effective immediately

Tony

Tara 4352 is changing their user name to his real name of Rhys (now confirmed) with my approval. This is the end of the who are they questions, and same rules apply to him as everyone else. Any irrelevant posts will be deleted etc, but this is the end of the debate on his identity.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on January 25, 2015, 04:41:10 PM
Tara 4352 is changing their user name to his real name of Rhys (now confirmed) with my approval. This is the end of the who are they questions, and same rules apply to him as everyone else. Any irrelevant posts will be deleted etc, but this is the end of the debate on his identity.

Brilliant news, Welcome Rhys!!

Tara4352

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 25, 2015, 08:16:17 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 25, 2015, 04:41:10 PM

Brilliant news, Welcome Rhys!!
Thanks Stuharris6360 hopefully I can become a valued member

Tara4352

Well there's no point getting banned then keep registering as you guys virtually knew who I was anyway

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Rhys S on January 25, 2015, 09:20:52 PM
Well there's no point getting banned then keep registering as you guys virtually knew who I was anyway

Well that's in the past now, just do as Tony said, follow the rules (which i am sure you will) and you will become a valued member of the forum.

Tara4352

Tara4352

Is there anything else I need to do

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk