News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Favourite photograph from main site

Started by Liverpool Street, December 08, 2013, 08:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: andyr on December 29, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
D 932 ODA. Perhaps the best coach i have ever driven and still looks so modern despite being built in 1987. A true classic.

I think Tony might argue with you there, for the top spot to go to sister Metroliner E906TOJ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22694662@N06/3093555734

Tony

They were as good as identical to drive. The most annoying thing is 5 more were half built at the time ofMCWs demise. If only they were finished!

andyr

E 906 always had better breaks though Tony. After all the fantastic coaches i have been lucky enough to of been allocated to me over the last 18 years working for Parrys the coaches i would most like to drive again would be D 932 or E906. I never new 5 more were in build, who were they for Tony ? 

Tony

Quote from: andyr on December 31, 2014, 12:58:20 AM
E 906 always had better breaks though Tony. After all the fantastic coaches i have been lucky enough to of been allocated to me over the last 18 years working for Parrys the coaches i would most like to drive again would be D 932 or E906. I never new 5 more were in build, who were they for Tony ?

East Kent had five on order, and from what I was told from MCW staff the first one was almost finished with the other 4 in various stages of build

CL

DEFINITELY this: http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4005.html

Obviously the photos at the bottom - I mean, when can you see a bowtie & party hat on a bus nowadays? :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

7053: this is a new one on me never seen this before an ALEXANDER VOLVO B-55 mk 3 in wmpte colours, early 80s , all the others I,ve seen are N or P plates mid 70s,
So what's the story behind this, does it  still exist
It's displaying 127 brandhall is this a short working or did the route only run as far as brandhall in the 80s
I would have loved to have driven one of these, I was told by an ex Oldbury engineer a real proper bus these were, Metrobus no contest

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on January 07, 2015, 11:08:18 AM
7053: this is a new one on me never seen this before an ALEXANDER VOLVO B-55 mk 3 in wmpte colours, early 80s , all the others I,ve seen are N or P plates mid 70s,
It's displaying 127 brandhall is this a short working or did the route only run as far as brandhall in the 80s
I would have loved to have driven one of these, I was told by an ex Oldbury engineer a real proper bus these were, Metrobus no contest

There is a bit of a sad story behind 7053. It was on extended loan from GGPTE for demonstration and was liked so WMPTE tried to order a batch, but was blocked from doing so by the County Council who only wanted to buy 'local' buses.

The vehicle itself returned to Glasgow and served a normal life up there and when it was withdrawn it was purchased by a group down here with the intention of preserving it in WMPTE colours as in the photograph, but it was found to have suffered accident damage in Glasgow and had a twisted chassis which was too expensive to repair

Shame that, a very unique bus indeed , still looks fairly modern imO

2968: former West Midlands metrobus painted in that shade of blue does really suite it, place some gold stripes on it you would almost have Walsall corporation livery.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2015, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: 2900 on January 07, 2015, 11:08:18 AM

There is a bit of a sad story behind 7053. It was on extended loan from GGPTE for demonstration and was liked so WMPTE tried to order a batch, but was blocked from doing so by the County Council who only wanted to buy 'local' buses.

The vehicle itself returned to Glasgow and served a normal life up there and when it was withdrawn it was purchased by a group down here with the intention of preserving it in WMPTE colours as in the photograph, but it was found to have suffered accident damage in Glasgow and had a twisted chassis which was too expensive to repair

Ah yes I remember this beast, it spent much of its time on the 127 from my recollections. As far as I know the 127 didn't terminate at Brandhall (wasn't it Cradley Heath in those days?) but it could be a short working as it only had a 3 track number blind so was unable to display an 'E' with a 3 digit number. Sadly I never got to travel on this.

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on January 29, 2015, 09:31:11 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/2001-2435/2253.html

Beautiful line of Mark I Metrobuses at Symphony Hall.

How I miss those days... I remember when all types of Metrobus were allocated to the Outer Circle :P

I love train photos in the snow, especially this one of 153371:
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class153/153371.html
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 01, 2015, 12:11:50 PM
Quote from: clayderman on January 29, 2015, 09:31:11 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/2001-2435/2253.html

Beautiful line of Mark I Metrobuses at Symphony Hall.

How I miss those days... I remember when all types of Metrobus were allocated to the Outer Circle :P

I love train photos in the snow, especially this one of 153371:
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class153/153371.html

Two in the snow on that page, 7 years apart, same train, same location, different company!

Trident 4194

4741, on 21st February, put on today, looks very new and festive

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk