News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva 'Wardles' Happenings

Started by Ashley 4569, August 01, 2013, 07:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

Oh... Bet it'd be nice for them to have that one - 2630 is possibly the worst of the original Telford B6BLEs. Hasn't been refurbed (while most others have), and it shakes badly in idle.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

winston

the trainbasher

@Winston bringing part of the operations d&g sold back to them

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

I thought wardles did ok to be fair

the trainbasher

Am I dreaming? Bob praising Arriva? Whatever next!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Im surprised thats all. Look what they were competing with,  Firat potteries has or did have a pretty tired elderly fleet etc. I would have thought theyd have been able to do well

leepenfold30

I wonder whats going to happen with buses Wardle Transport have got will they move to Other Arriva Depots

Bob

Cant see the volvos resurfacing anywhere or the deckers

tphi12000

Quote from: Winston on March 17, 2015, 04:15:03 PM
Arriva have now sold Wardles to D&G:

http://www.dgbus.co.uk/news.html
well I guess that explains why with the last round of transfers most of the old MPD's have ended up at Wardles.
Tony

BN

Quote from: Bob on March 17, 2015, 09:34:21 PM

3 Volvos already back in service.

3601 is 9501 trainer
3604 is 9504 trainer
3605 is 9505 trainer

Solo1

wonder if they will bring the wardles name back at stoke or run it all as D&G

winston

Quote from: Winston on March 17, 2015, 04:15:03 PM
Arriva have now sold Wardles to D&G:

http://www.dgbus.co.uk/news.html

Arriva is only transferring 19 of approx 40 current Wardles vehicles to D&G, D&G will merge it's current Longton depot in to the Adderley Green depot of Wardles. Elsewhere, it is suggested it was Arriva who approached D&G and discussion have been taking place the past couple of months. Formal takeover takes place on 9th May

http://www.route-one.net/industry/arriva-sells-wardle-to-dg/

Bob

Quote from: BN on March 18, 2015, 01:50:53 PM
Quote from: Bob on March 17, 2015, 09:34:21 PM

3 Volvos already back in service.

3601 is 9501 trainer
3604 is 9504 trainer
3605 is 9505 trainer

Well Cannock certainly wouldnt be getting any back id imagine?  With them being expensive to run.  Wasnt that one of the reasons they were gone?

BN

Quote from: Solo1 on March 18, 2015, 03:55:43 PM
wonder if they will bring the wardles name back at stoke or run it all as D&G

It will be D&G.

Busman Jamie

the v reg Volvos have joined training, the ex Yorkshire scrap will proberbly be withdrawn and scrapped like 3619

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk