News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

6853 and 6854 have had these Platinum ads added under the ad frames

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/40377733372/

V89MOA

Quote from: John on February 22, 2018, 03:51:26 PM
6853 and 6854 have had these Platinum ads added under the ad frames

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/40377733372/

There is also another variant advertising the USB phone chargers, I think I saw it on 6852?

CL

Quite a mixed bag on the Harbornes today. Counted at least four 66reg Platinums, though not really of note (except the X61 branded one); a Crimson Trident on the 24, I believe it's 4608 but too far to ID.

Also, noticed on one of the 67reg ones, believe it could've been a 687*, the lower rear window is blacked out. Are these being branded soon then?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MasterPlan

Quote from: 37351ml on February 26, 2018, 09:40:35 PM
4608 - 24 up until the 19.15 departure from city.

This isn't really that noteworthy. It's even on the spreadsheet. That said e400s aren't on the 24 other allocation and they appear more than anything else from what I've seen.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Hayley1985

Maybe old news but was really nice to get on 4464 today and seeing it have the new card scanner installed, finally!

MasterPlan

So, I had the pleasure of the next-stop announcements on 6870 earlier. While they worked well generally, it still seems a bit buggy. Especially when a stop is missed out, it tended to play up and announce the previous stop again. Not sure each one needs to be said twice either. Also, I feel like Harborne Park Road, Cross Farm Road would be better than just Cross Farm Road for example.
I was surprised that it went on past Harborne, The Junction though given the routes will be changing soon.

Also, for some reason it said "Grove Rd", when at Quinton Road, Cadnam Close. There's a Grove Lane nearby, but no Grove Road.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 01, 2018, 02:35:29 PM
So, I had the pleasure of the next-stop announcements on 6870 earlier. While they worked well generally, it still seems a bit buggy. Especially when a stop is missed out, it tended to play up and announce the previous stop again. Not sure each one needs to be said twice either. Also, I feel like Harborne Park Road, Cross Farm Road would be better than just Cross Farm Road for example.
I was surprised that it went on past Harborne, The Junction though given the routes will be changing soon.

Also, for some reason it said "Grove Rd", when at Quinton Road, Cadnam Close. There's a Grove Lane nearby, but no Grove Road.

Has it been confirmed that routes will be changing, and that the 29 specifically will be changing? I haven't seen anything myself so far confirming what the outcome of the SW Birmingham consultation has been.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on March 01, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
Has it been confirmed that routes will be changing, and that the 29 specifically will be changing? I haven't seen anything myself so far confirming what the outcome of the SW Birmingham consultation has been.

Sorry, I should've reworded that! I mean that the likeliness is that they will be, given that the consultation is still to be concluded.

monkeyjoe

How according to the nx website the 55 94 and x12 can't serve the city centre but the x70 can?

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 02, 2018, 06:32:30 PM
How according to the nx website the 55 94 and x12 can't serve the city centre but the x70 can?

Unless it's  changed in the last half an hour, no mention of the 14 either. I'd imagine it's avoiding Duddeston too.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on March 02, 2018, 06:46:25 PM
Unless it's  changed in the last half an hour, no mention of the 14 either. I'd imagine it's avoiding Duddeston too.

14 was running normal route, but in the last 5 minutes has changed to just run City to Stechford roundabout only

Jack

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 02, 2018, 06:32:30 PM
In regards of the X12 and X70, are they serving Chipperfield Road without problems? I remember when we had snow in December, they weren't serving Chipperfield Road. The Diamond 25 mananged to get down it, before the snow got severe this evening.

Jack D

They are not serving chipperfield road

Jack

Quote from: Jack D on March 02, 2018, 08:55:55 PM
They are not serving chipperfield road
What's the diversion route then as they are not on NX website that they aren't serving Chipperfield Road and Bromford Drive? Talk about inconsistency. Are they serving Farnhurst Road.

I presume the diversion route (inbound) would be turn right onto Bromford Road from Coleshill Road and turn left onto Farnhurst Road (if they are serving it that is). If not serving Farmhurst Road, then they would carry on along Bromford Road and turn left onto the A4040 Bromford Lane and back onto normal line of route.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Jack on March 02, 2018, 10:21:15 PM
What's the diversion route then as they are not on NX website that they aren't serving Chipperfield Road and Bromford Drive? Talk about inconsistency. Are they serving Farnhurst Road.

I presume the diversion route (inbound) would be turn right onto Bromford Road from Coleshill Road and turn left onto Farnhurst Road (if they are serving it that is). If not serving Farmhurst Road, then they would carry on along Bromford Road and turn left onto the A4040 Bromford Lane and back onto normal line of route.
Earlier today X12 & X70 were travelling the whole of Bromford Land to the Fox & Goose left onto Coleshill Road to the Hunters Moon then normal line of route outbound. Reverse diversion inbound that was at 11am this morning & on my way back from shopping I saw a gritting truck going down Chipperfield Road around noon @Jack

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk