News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Regional vehicle finder

Started by Tony, May 11, 2021, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Now operational, but currently in test mode is another tracker, a regional version of London Vehicle finder.

If you click on the link, then put in for example        WM 2001-29

It will show you what routes each bus of that batch is on and which stop they are currently at

https://rvf.test.lvf.io/?fbclid=IwAR1ER6NMr0fYa7wDS7UZz3-DCYJEzfH9K5I8VtQ02yPj_vKQYJ4zS4hZj2A#RVF

MW

Very advanced!

Just tried it out with WM 4501-4534.

Impressive to see that 4506-4534 are all in service and on the road considering their age!

Tony

Quote from: MW on May 11, 2021, 03:28:15 PM
Very advanced!

Just tried it out with WM 4501-4534.

Impressive to see that 4506-4534 are all in service and on the road considering their age!

Anything in blue is not on the road, that us 'last seen' 4533 is currently at BC getting a replacement engine

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Tony on May 11, 2021, 01:57:23 PM
Now operational, but currently in test mode is another tracker, a regional version of London Vehicle finder.

If you click on the link, then put in for example        WM 2001-29

It will show you what routes each bus of that batch is on and which stop they are currently at

https://rvf.test.lvf.io/?fbclid=IwAR1ER6NMr0fYa7wDS7UZz3-DCYJEzfH9K5I8VtQ02yPj_vKQYJ4zS4hZj2A#RVF

If you click on the vehicle reg it shows you the next few stops that the vehicle is due to stop at.

If you then replace ETA with HISTORY (e.g. HISTORY LF20XOA) the site will show which route that bus operated on for the previous 3 months and the times it was operating on that route.

If you enter e.g. "wm-6" the site will show you which buses are currently on the route, their destination and which stop they are currently at. It also which buses that have operated on that route today and what hours it did. So it is really useful to be able to discover that the bus you want to see is at the other end of the route to where you are currently standing and you have an hour's wait in the rain until it appears:-)

I would recommend it, also they have a site London Vehicle Finder https://lvf.io/ which covers London, Lothian, Reading, Ensignbus & Metrobus, to change mode the command is "mode" followed by either "LDN", "LRT", "RGB", "ENS" or "MET" for London, Lothian, Reading, Ensignbus or Metrobus respectively. When the mode command is executed the banner header and help page will change.

Stuharris 6360

don't forget that if you type in wm-6, you will get the Birmingham 6 route, for the Stourbridge to Dudley 6 route you need to type in wm-d6. Regional codes are D-Dudley, N-Wolverhampton, W-Walsall, H-West Bromwich and C-Coventry.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ian Hardy

Due to problems with the LVF site being hacked, the owner has decided to get users to register to use it. It is free to do so and can be done on the following page: https://lvf.io/register

The owner (Brian Cheyney) stated this in an recent email to the Google Groups "LondonsTransport" group:

We are making good progress towards having a fully registered user base with over a thousand registered users. However these users currently represent less than half of hits on the website. I've been trying to give those who haven't registered a gentle (or not so gentle) hint to register.
I aim to lock down LVF this weekend (25th & 26th September 2021), so if you haven't registered and still want to use LVF, time is running out.

busboy31

No NXWM buses are tracking at the moment...

BK63 YWP

Quote from: busboy31 on December 29, 2021, 04:08:32 PM
No NXWM buses are tracking at the moment...

The reason why none are tracking has been discussed, please be a bit more patient and wait for it to come back online. There are more pressing issues currently happening than making sure tracking is working for bus spotters ..
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk