News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus simulators

Started by Ash, May 17, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

vinh1000

You can actually drive the full 904 route on here (30 minute trip lol) :D
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

trident4370

It seems a bit off to me though, something about the expressway isn't quite right, Not to mention it has the old city centre layout where buses terminated on upper bull st :P Still it is extremely good having a local route! I'm hoping when Omsi 2 is out (supposed to have an upgraded editor including google maps) that I might be able to rustle up a map, Would love to drive the 50!

Ben

I'm still pondering about whether to get OMSI or not.
My laptop is a Samsung, 3GB ram and dual core 2.53GHZ processors.

Any idea about how well it'd work, I'm windows 7 btw

Reading amazon, it seems to be temperamental and helpful info would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks.

trident4370

Temperamental is the understatement of the century! It is a nightmare especially if like me you edit the maps and the AI traffic, it also has an annoying habit of resetting the terrain from time to time. If you're just purely playing then it isn't THAT Bad but again you have to have a really decent system for a good framerate and if you have a rubbish framerate/performance the buses have a habit of jumping about on their own and becoming difficult to control, not to mention if you have a collision it for some reason affects the performance until you're clear of the crash! Having said that is is the most realistic bus simulator about without question and when Omsi 2 is released later this it promises to improve reliability, however if the updates released for omsi so far are anything to go by I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd also say if you want it to work well you need to have a decent graphics card aswell as memory. To sum up, if you have a half decent computer that manages other games ok then yes go for it, if it's not that good you might get away with the smaller maps if you have a play with the settings but I wouldn't expect the bigger maps to work well at all.

CL

I have OMSI, and I also have MM2, but I think OMSI clearly trumphs MM2 by far, and details. But having been out a year(?) it IS lacking quite a lot of mods, or either the mods do not work, like Birmingham mod, or some strange glithces, other than that OMSI wins... (P.S. I still enjoy MM2) ;D ;D ;D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ben

I bought OMSI, and I must say I was relieved it worked, despite the glitches.

So far I've added a Mercedes Citaro!

trident4370

I'm Glad it works! If you need any of the NX liveries let me know :P

CL

Something about mine though doesn't seem right. After installation, and the Birmingham Mod added, it comes up with a Warning, saying 'o3d. file not found'

I've checked on the Aussiex.org site, and i couldn't find anything! Does anyone know anything about this?

trident4370

It usually means you're missing files (not stating the obvious, sometimes it can come up for no reason), .o3d is the file format for objects including buses. Does it give you the option to continue or does it just stop loading?

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on October 19, 2013, 05:54:22 PM
It usually means you're missing files (not stating the obvious, sometimes it can come up for no reason), .o3d is the file format for objects including buses. Does it give you the option to continue or does it just stop loading?

It usually stops loading, then after i cancel it, it keeps on reoccuring with the same background...

trident4370

Enviro 400 (allbeit the Chinese KMB version) is out now. It seems very detailed though, even if it is a pain to get it started!
http://www.winsomes3dstudio.com/omsi/omsi_download.html

Liverpool Street

Quote from: trident4370 on October 22, 2013, 06:20:15 PM
Enviro 400 (allbeit the Chinese KMB version) is out now. It seems very detailed though, even if it is a pain to get it started!
http://www.winsomes3dstudio.com/omsi/omsi_download.html

Is it only 10.5m length available?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

trident4370

Afraid so, this guy seems to love Hong Kong stuff so all his work is dedicated around their buses and their specifications (he is probably from there but I don't know him so couldn't say) :( It does go rather nicely with the 904 map though :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk