News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus simulators

Started by Ash, May 17, 2013, 10:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I just saw this video on you tube of a merc 0405n and the sounds of the bus and graphics are spot on and wondered if anyone has purchased this exact game its called OMSI simulator and peoples views and opinions

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ash on May 17, 2013, 10:57:49 PM
I just saw this video on you tube of a merc 0405n and the sounds of the bus and graphics are spot on and wondered if anyone has purchased this exact game its called OMSI simulator and peoples views and opinions

I do like Omsi Bus Simulator but unfortunatley don't have it. I watched one video on youtube and it was a birmingham mod with mainly NX livered E500's

nitromatt1

I have a game called Midtown Madness 2 on my computer which I have modded with loads of buses including a TWM Metrobus, other Metrobuses, B7TL President, Open-Top Gemini, Dart and loads of other buses. Was driving a Metrobus around London a couple of hours ago along my imaginary bus route which I always drive ;D

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 17, 2013, 11:17:59 PM
I have a game called Midtown Madness 2 on my computer which I have modded with loads of buses including a TWM Metrobus, other Metrobuses, B7TL President, Open-Top Gemini, Dart and loads of other buses. Was driving a Metrobus around London a couple of hours ago along my imaginary bus route which I always drive ;D

I have the exact same game at home

Ash

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 17, 2013, 11:11:12 PM

I do like Omsi Bus Simulator but unfortunatley don't have it. I watched one video on youtube and it was a birmingham mod with mainly NX livered E500's

With the omsi simulator im guessing the merc 0405n doesn't come as standard and has to be downloaded or brought separately online?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ash on May 17, 2013, 11:32:26 PM

With the omsi simulator im guessing the merc 0405n doesn't come as standard and has to be downloaded or brought separately online?

You can easily get more vehicles/tracks/mods from fan sites for all these games online for free.

Does anyone else apart from me and Nath have/had Midtown Madness 2?

ilovetea4370

Yeah can download the merc easily and its not too bad in fairness although compared to real life it does seem extremely underpowered, the voith version is faster than the zf...

nitromatt1

Quote from: trident4370 on May 18, 2013, 12:02:49 AM
...the voith version is faster than the zf...

Now that is a rarity

ilovetea4370

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 18, 2013, 09:08:08 AM

Now that is a rarity

Im sure a programmming geek could easily fix the acceleration though!

Dylan4579

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 17, 2013, 11:37:18 PM
Quote from: Ash on May 17, 2013, 11:32:26 PM

You can easily get more vehicles/tracks/mods from fan sites for all these games online for free.

Does anyone else apart from me and Nath have/had Midtown Madness 2?
I do I usually drive a london citrao  bendybus

vinh1000

Quote from: trident4370 on May 18, 2013, 01:44:09 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 18, 2013, 09:08:08 AM

Now that is a rarity

Im sure a programmming geek could easily fix the acceleration though!
mod for that

I use OMSI - mercedes 0405n is the standard I believe
but otherwise there are hundreds of mods for it - such as a twm branding or scania omnilink etc etc. or mods to make buses go pass their speed limit
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

makkacdt

i had omsi from the day it came out its great.

If anyone has or is thinking of getting it

Use this site: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/118-world-of-omsi/

This is the only full english forum.
Game comes with the berlin map and the man buses, other maps and buses including the 0405n can be downloaded for free.
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Dylan4579

is this the only dart available in arriva livery??

JB93

As strange as it sounds I usually use Grand Theft Auto 4, I've got a network of about 25 routes on there I think. I'm no good with computers, so I'd have no chance modding simulators and all this business :P

ilovetea4370

Quote from: JB93 on May 22, 2013, 03:45:42 PM
As strange as it sounds I usually use Grand Theft Auto 4, I've got a network of about 25 routes on there I think. I'm no good with computers, so I'd have no chance modding simulators and all this business :P

That's what I said then I thought bugger it and just played trial and error with omsi... now I can repaint buses, refurbish buses program destinations, program AI traffic :P not bad considering I don't speak a word of German!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk