News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Lots of hansons buses still operating on hansons old routes. 1550 or 1551 has got diamond fleet name on front

ChrisGoode

What route were they on then

Quote from: ChrisGoode on August 29, 2017, 02:24:16 PM
What route were they on then
One of them is on the 004.
Its got a Diamond fleetname at the front and Hansons Local Bus fleetnames on the sides.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 29, 2017, 01:21:45 PM
Lots of hansons buses still operating on hansons old routes. 1550 or 1551 has got diamond fleet name on front
All 4 buses on the 004 today are ex Hansons buses.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Was talking about the ex Hansons routes at the weekend, and wondered what people think about Diamond running the 318?

Anyone reckon there's any mileage in the idea of them replacing the 318 with an extension to the 43 through from Redditch? Bring back the old Redditch - Stourbridge route?

Also now that Diamond run a considerable number of services around the Bromsgrove area, anyone agree they'd be best placed to attempt something with the Halesowen route (147)?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on August 30, 2017, 10:09:59 PM
Was talking about the ex Hansons routes at the weekend, and wondered what people think about Diamond running the 318?

Anyone reckon there's any mileage in the idea of them replacing the 318 with an extension to the 43 through from Redditch? Bring back the old Redditch - Stourbridge route?

I have done a quick mock up of a timetable and although it is a good idea in principle, you would need to do some crazy Arriva style interworking to make it viable!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Reece

Quote from: Kevin on August 30, 2017, 10:09:59 PM

Also now that Diamond run a considerable number of services around the Bromsgrove area, anyone agree they'd be best placed to attempt something with the Halesowen route (147)?
Well considering that would mess up the current interworking System of the 42/43 which currently work fine with 4 buses usually long buses like E300s. Is the 318 suitable for E300s? But another option which could possible be looked at maybe is interworking the 202 and 318 possible?

Jay

PD0001374/443 Cancelled
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Merry Hill Bus Station to Harborne High Street via Halesowen
Service number: 004
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 02 Oct 2017
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

karl724223

Like a breakers yard at merry hill today all the solos broke down today

Tony

Amey colleague at UTC says he saw a few darts on the back of tow trucks today, presumably heading off for scrap

Stuharris 6360

One of the buses on the 287 today had paper numbers in the windows while the display was wishing everybody a Merry Christmas from Hanson Buses on the display???
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ChrisGoode

Stuharris 6360

Didn't catch the fleet number but was the xx:05 from Stourbridge. Was in virtual overall white if that helps.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Ex Arriva Pointer on 1915 226 Ex Merry Hill

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Reece

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 25, 2017, 07:11:40 PM
One of the buses on the 287 today had paper numbers in the windows while the display was wishing everybody a Merry Christmas from Hanson Buses on the display???
That's because the Centrad destination blind doesn't work properly on that bus the driver turned the blind off in the end but still it displayed Merry Christmas. So paper numbers have been being used instead.

Trident 4194

KR dart displaying x18 to Stratford in Stourbridge bus station today

Diamond wifi is so much better than nx wifi. Any reasons for this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk