News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 15, 2018, 10:44:52 PM
I'm puzzled. On the 26 Coventry route today was GN09 KHP.
It has high floor narrow stepped side entrance with wheelchair tail lift at rear. More like a special needs bus. How the heck can this be put on the regular service?
I cant see the tail lift being used at bus stops to get the old and less able onto the bus if they cant climb the steps at the side?

There are still several rural routes around the country still being served by similar Mercedes Varios.

Sandy Lane

Good point Tony but I thought a low floor bus had to be used on the 26?

Steveminor

Wheelchair accessible buses must be used. If it has a tail lift technically it is wheelchair accessible.

Sandy Lane

It has high floor narrow stepped side entrance with wheelchair tail lift at rear. More like a special needs bus. How the heck can this be put on the regular service?
I cant see the tail lift being used at bus stops to get the old and less able onto the bus if they cant climb the steps at the side?
On the 26 today was a smart looking bronze coloured Mercedes minibus conversion, reg started BT66......

Solo1

No sign of JY67FYO on either 326 or 19 service has it moved to
another service  if so which one

Kevin2017

Wednesbury depot run routes, 64,208,22W, 22/53R, 19B and 326, it can be on any of those routes, and tbh with the low PVRs, they can easily be found.

Dom

iGo now have a 52 plate (iirc) dart in plain white. Its on the 22 today. Saw it in Wednesbury Bus Station this morning at around 08:40.

Tony

Quote from: Dom on February 21, 2018, 01:25:17 PM
iGo now have a 52 plate (iirc) dart in plain white. Its on the 22 today. Saw it in Wednesbury Bus Station this morning at around 08:40.

It'll be this one

http://wmbusphotos.com/Ring+Ride/KU52RXR.html

Dom

Metrorider

Quote from: Solo1 on February 20, 2018, 05:55:22 PM
No sign of JY67FYO on either 326 or 19 service has it moved to
another service  if so which one

YJ67FYO is off the road at the moment sadly, it's been suffering with a random cutting out issue since it's second day out on the road. Optare are carrying out the necessary repairs.
Paul.

Metrorider

Quote from: Dom on February 21, 2018, 01:25:17 PM

Lovely bus to drive that one, sadly temporary VOR due to an electrical issue.
Paul.

Metrorider

Spare bus at Coventry depot, and is wheelchair accessible via the tail lift at the rear. Tail lift has been used in service. The normal allocation for the 26 is one of the 2 Coventry based E200s.
Paul.

JoNi

04 plate "van" on 30 today in Coventry

WM Independents Fan

Hi, would anyone be able to give the Reg's of the igo Metrocity's and what routes they are operating on? Taking a trip up to the WM text weekend to the info would be helpful. Thanks.

Metrorider

Brand new 18 reg Solo delivered to Wednesday depot this afternoon, should be out on the 19/326 routes on Monday.

The 52 plate dart has now been repaired and transferred back to Birmingham (North depot)
Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk