News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Who was the spotter

Started by settlerman, September 19, 2012, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

I spotted myself. Does that count?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Comming out as a 'spotter' is harder than 'comming out' 'comming out' I did see a chap taking photo's at Wednesbury wearing a 'Metro' orange hi-viz...I thought 'good on ya son' boy he got some balls!!!!
Another question... If you are on a bus (passenger or driver) and someone is taking a photo is it better to wave or smile at the camera or just to retain the glum faced passenger/driver face?  :o
Personally I'm photographed on & off the bus.....some people must have serious issues... ;D ;D ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Quote from: trainbasher on February 23, 2013, 10:03:42 PM
I spotted myself. Does that count?

Only if you have photographic evidence  :D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ilovetea4370

No way haha... First pic, I was sat behind the stairs on the top deck, cant really see me with the reflections but I remember seeing someone taking a photo, didn't realise it was Tony though!

nitromatt1

One time last year I saw someone taking a photo of my school Metrobus F313 XOF in Hagley but never saw the photo appear anywhere so had no idea who it was. Similarly the other day I was in Stourbridge and a spotter was there taking photos of the buses but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Would be nice to find out who these spotters are as for all I know they could be someone I've spoken to on here.

If anyone ever sees a 15 year old boy with a camera taking bus photos in Halesowen, Dudley or Wolverhampton, or filming on a bus, it's almost certainly me!

ilovetea4370

Same thing happened to me whilst on 4374 a few weeks back, Never saw it appear on flickr but I'm sure its out there!

nitromatt1

I suppose most people (myself included) only post their best photos on Flickr especially as for some people there's an upload limit. I only post unusual working photos and other interesting photos generally, so chances are it won't leave the spotter's camera/computer

ilovetea4370

Yeah plus a lot of the time pictures get stolen,  only reason I stopped using Flickr to upload was because someone Stole my pic of 4718... got it took off though eventually!

nitromatt1

I suppose the only thing you can do to stop that is adding tags/watermarks, but in my opinion it spoils the photo, besides nobody would want to steal my pics lol

ilovetea4370

The annoying thing is I had been watermarking them but there you go some people don't care. .. as for your pics I wouldn't worry too much we I all have to start somewhere!

Sh4318

I don't use watermarks, I prefer not to watermark my photos, and I haven't noticed anyone stealing my photos fortunately. As for seeing spotters, I generally only take bus photos in Coventry, trying to build up a collection, don't really see any other spotters while I'm taking photos myself (unless I'm at Water Orton), the majority of my photos are of trains though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk