News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sconehead85

Put ALL Cannock depot news here!  The town that just missed being swallowed into the 1974 West Midlands county.

sconehead85

Bob

imagine how much better off transport wise we'd be if we had

PM

Westy

Presubmbly you'd still have WMPTE & it's successors operating into Cannock regulary too?

Discodave

no NXWM abondoned cannock ages ago

Bob

yea but had we been part of the WM in the 70s midland red wouldnt have moved into Cannock, rest is history...

Bob

NXWM still operate the stupid oclock X51s into Cannock, although theres no timetable for it at the bus station! i always wonder why theyve hung on to this 3 journeys a day..

Discodave

I was told they were subsidised but I doubt that though

Bob

no i think theyre run commercial but not 100%

ARRIVA CK SI

Has anybody got any good information on what ARRIVA CANNOCK vehicles are likely to go to ARRIVA STAFFORD soon are STAFFORD definateley taking the 825 route back ?

Discodave

still a rumour based on vosa allowing extra buses at both garages

sconehead85

Just to repeat the appeal to place all Cannock happenings in this thread . No names mentioned arrivaaston!  Bung em all here !

sconehead85

Bob

Has there been any more heard about Double Deckers coming to Cannock for Stafford routes & other services?

D10

Looks like there is an attemempt to increase patronage in Cannock is taking place by slashing some fares:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport-news/2012/09/27/17pc-cut-in-price-of-short-cannock-bus-trips/

Bob

i think its just on the 1 route. that & the 25/6 must be one of only a handful of Cannock services that make a decent profit. oh and the Staffords. Any more news on whether its gonna get deckers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk