News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: lynx1103 on June 20, 2013, 07:16:53 PM
Only 4138 done recently

Also from 1 September 2013 Walsall is to
Operate service 2 Cannock evenings and Sundays

It will follow 302 route to Lower farm exit via Stafford road then continue as 2A to Cannock

And service 33 Walsall-Brownhills

So would I be correct in saying this is going to be replacing at least some of the 302 evening & Sunday journeys. If so, that would explain why NXWM were perhaps able to win the contract.

Tony

Quote from: lynx1103 on June 20, 2013, 08:44:45 PM
2A maybe

Not sure about 33 low bridge clayhanger

Walsall B7RLE height 11.4

We"ll have to wait and see

Metrobuses 'nearly' fit under that bridge, remember 2886, so an eclipse will fit easily

lynx1103

I think NXWM are putting in for contracts to reduce there own costs. As before everything was leaving

EG 326 361

At the moment 301/302 inter work evenings
3 buses

With possible extension to Cannock might bring it up to 5 but we"ll have to wait and see

Another example 935A

Taken over from diamond 56A service 934 is reduced to hourly evenings with service 935A every 30
Mins Kingstanding-Birmingham

Another example 311-313

Diamond ran 313E evenings/Sundays Wednesbury-Dudley

NXWM put in for contract October 2012

Then withdrawing 311A journeys.

bwsau cymru

good to see nx winning contracts from arriva, at least the are keeping them at bay! I hope that nx do bid for more as it keeps them competitive on non commercial stuff. I know they are gigantic is size buts its good to see they not just take there size dominance for granted! But I will say isn't it a little unnecessary to have a bus as big as a b7 working 2 service? b6 I think would be more suited like in the old 351 days? I have been thinking for a while that Walsall could do with some enviro200 would be ideal for routes like 7 and 8 that used to have b6's anyway and even 77 too!
I would also imagine bob must be happy nxwm are coming back to Cannock more
campaigning for better transport for all

Tony

Quote from: dannygill on June 20, 2013, 10:03:03 PM
good to see nx winning contracts from arriva, at least the are keeping them at bay! I hope that nx do bid for more as it keeps them competitive on non commercial stuff. I know they are gigantic is size buts its good to see they not just take there size dominance for granted! But I will say isn't it a little unnecessary to have a bus as big as a b7 working 2 service? b6 I think would be more suited like in the old 351 days? I have been thinking for a while that Walsall could do with some enviro200 would be ideal for routes like 7 and 8 that used to have b6's anyway and even 77 too!
I would also imagine bob must be happy nxwm are coming back to Cannock more

You're having a laugh arn't you. Enviro 200s on the 77. Double decks only just cope on some journeys

Trident 4609

E200's on the 8 which interworks with the 89. No chance. Usually tridents fill up on the 8/89 so why put E200's on there?

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on June 20, 2013, 08:45:15 PM
Only 4138 done recently

It will follow 302 route to Lower farm exit via Stafford road then continue as 2A to Cannock

So would I be correct in saying this is going to be replacing at least some of the 302 evening & Sunday journeys. If so, that would explain why NXWM were perhaps able to win the contract.

Why number it 2A?

There is already a 2A during the daytime operating a different route.

If anything, the peaks & daytime journeys should have been numbered 2A & 2B, leaving the evening & Sunday service as 2.

(It has been known for the evening & Sunday service to take the wrong route once in a blue moon!)

Another couple of things, maybe the 2 evening & Sundays ought to move into the Walsall Bus Station rather than staying at Hatherton Road & will the 302 return fare be continued on the NX 2 journeys, despite being partly subsidised.

(It'll be interesting to see the Network WM leaflet, whether the 1/2/301 & 302 are combined on one leaflet or not? They ought to be !)

Ashley 4569

Well thatl be something extra one sunday afternoon, maybe it could give the B6s a bit of extra use if B7RLEs are a bit much capacity wise not height wise

The 7 couldnt cope with E200s as with routes already mentioned

Only TWM liveried buses at Walsall are 1786 and all Tridents except 4128 4136 4138 and 4330, those four are in various shades of red

1434 is in NXWM livery

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 21, 2013, 12:45:20 AM
Well thatl be something extra one sunday afternoon, maybe it could give the B6s a bit of extra use if B7RLEs are a bit much capacity wise not height wise

Only TWM liveried buses at Walsall are 1786 and all Tridents except 4128 4136 4138 and 4330, those four are in various shades of red

1434 is in NXWM livery

And 4733-6

notepanel

Quote from: Westy on June 20, 2013, 11:26:14 PM
Quote from: notepanel on June 20, 2013, 08:45:15 PM
Only 4138 done recently

Why number it 2A?

There is already a 2A during the daytime operating a different route.

If anything, the peaks & daytime journeys should have been numbered 2A & 2B, leaving the evening & Sunday service as 2.

(It has been known for the evening & Sunday service to take the wrong route once in a blue moon!)

Another couple of things, maybe the 2 evening & Sundays ought to move into the Walsall Bus Station rather than staying at Hatherton Road & will the 302 return fare be continued on the NX 2 journeys, despite being partly subsidised.

(It'll be interesting to see the Network WM leaflet, whether the 1/2/301 & 302 are combined on one leaflet or not? They ought to be !)

I notice that it's also mentioned that Walsall are starting the 33. Is this the evening/Sunday contract that was only won a couple of months back by Diamond (and I believe is a Centro rather than South Staffs tender) or a commercial registration by NXWM?

Tony

I think it is the other end of the route, Brownhills to Rugeley

notepanel

Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2013, 11:44:31 AM
I think it is the other end of the route, Brownhills to Rugeley

That would make more sense. Again, it can utilise vehicles quite well for NXWM.

Assuming there are no low bridges on that part of the route and that the timetable will remain the same, the first trip from Rugeley could be operated by a bus coming off the Cannock bound X51, with the first round trip from Brownhills perhaps being operated by bus W7/01 (which finishes at 1847 at Castlefort). A relief bus & driver commencing at the depot can then takeover the remainder of the journeys at 2005 & 2105 from Brownhills.

Obviously these are just the routes known from Walsall depot - does anybody know if any further tenders have been won, perhaps being operated by Wolverhampton?

John

4736 is on the 997 today. Strange to see a 'Toothpaste' on there  :)

I was about 20 seconds too late to get a pic. I was driving out of my road, onto Aldridge Road to go to work, and it was in front of me. If I was a bit earlier, I would have been able to overtake it and get a pic, and not be late for work.  >:(

lynx1103

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 21, 2013, 12:45:20 AM

1434 is in NXWM livery

Walsall 7 ran for many years with Volvo B6. Apart from school journeys it will be able to Cope with enviro 200. And it'll be easier to driver around broad meadow and castle fort.

Ashley 4569

4331 broke down in bloxwich about an hour ago, all the coolant dropped out so nice big streak behind it

Hello to the driver Martin and the other nice chap driving 1434 at the moment if theyre forum members

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk