News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

The class 323's are my favourite EMU as well

mikestone

;
Coventry-Leamington  starts on 19th Feb - cl.153 and no Sunday service. The ECS comes from New St rather than Tyseley, so are New St working the trains rather than Leamington?

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on February 08, 2018, 05:15:02 PM

;
Coventry-Leamington  starts on 19th Feb - cl.153 and no Sunday service. The ECS comes from New St rather than Tyseley, so are New St working the trains rather than Leamington?

Might do!
Apparently there is still a question mark over whether Kenilworth Station will be ready.

It is being worked by Coventry crew, so the empty stock has to go via Birmingham & Coventry to start.

mikestone

Yes - I'd just come back to edit my posting to say 19th was an assumption, based on the altered ECS working.
;
Surely the station must be finished now - interesting that the letter implies that Warwickshire told the ORR the station wouldn't be ready in December.
;

mikestone

The empty stock moves to/from New St have disappeared since this afternoon, so looks like I was premature. Still showing for the following week.

Roy

I have been told that Warwickshire County Council will shortly announce that services will start a week late on 26 February.

Tony

mikestone

Is that because somebody wants to be on the first trains from the Great Northern to Thameslink the same day ;D

Tony

mikestone

SO March 5 is correct then?
Next question is when Bromsgrove electrics start - 27 Jan was quoted for energisation but still no wires in  the station.

DJ

Quote from: mikestone on February 20, 2018, 11:40:59 AM
Next question is when Bromsgrove electrics start - 27 Jan was quoted for energisation but still no wires in  the station.

I wonder if there's enough 323's right now to extend it from Longbridge to Bromsgrove. I guess they could move some from the Wolves - Birmingham - Walsall stoppers, but then would there be enough 350's to cover this, since the fleet is currently being rotated out for corrosion repairs.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

dingding

The new section of OHL between Barnt Green and Blackwell will be energised on Sunday 4th March so it is heading towards Bromsgrove!!

Dave
Quote from: mikestone on February 20, 2018, 11:40:59 AM

Westy

Is Bromsgrove worth a day out at some point?

Never been.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk