News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Eastside extension

Started by Stevo, December 05, 2020, 08:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

First tracks now down in Digbeth 

Stevo

Track now laid at the top of Lower Bull Street connecting with the existing triangle.

Gareth

Quote from: Stevo on November 21, 2022, 05:40:44 PMTrack now laid at the top of Lower Bull Street connecting with the existing triangle.
That's actually been there since they relaid corporation street. It was covered up and tarmac'd over and now it's been uncovered again as they did up lower bull street for the umpteenth time. Looks like they're now getting ready maybe for laying some new track bed down. Unless they're waiting for Kings Parade to be demolished and flattened first.

monkeyjoe

All these roadworks in Digbeth are killing the local businesses, I know live there these days. When is it all due to be ready? 

Stevo

The website says landscaping and public realm works late 2022, tracklaying and completion late 2023. 

Ginger66

2027 is the new opening date with the stop at Curzon opening two years later

Owen

Will the tram be going via, bull st, new meeting st.
Or dale end, Albert st.
Looks to be as if new meeting street. Now I've just looked on maps

ellspurs

Given they've yeeted the Kings Parade building out of existence (the one that had McDonalds and Madhouse in it), I'd thought they'd be going through that to New Meeting Street. Would seem weird to knock the building down and then take the metro around it.

https://metroalliance.co.uk/kings-parade-demolition-successfully-completed/ 

Owen

Quote from: ellspurs on September 23, 2023, 05:14:19 PMGiven they've yeeted the Kings Parade building out of existence (the one that had McDonalds and Madhouse in it), I'd thought they'd be going through that to New Meeting Street. Would seem weird to knock the building down and then take the metro around it.

https://metroalliance.co.uk/kings-parade-demolition-successfully-completed/
Yeah they had to knock them down for the turn, I just thought it could be making more of a straightforward approach or could be bending slight more towards dale end if that makes sense. 
I think i sound dumb 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk