News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NX Usual Allocations Google Sheet

Started by Stu, September 19, 2015, 09:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

For the benefit of anyone who wants to check if something they've spotted can be classed as 'noteworthy' or not, there is a Google Spreadsheet I have created, which lists the usual vehicle type(s) used on any given route, as well as other common usages of vehicle on that route.

If you spot a vehicle type listed in either column, then that is not noteworthy. Please only report vehicle sightings if they are not listed as 'usual' or 'commonly used' as that will save a lot of pointless discussion/arguments.

As vehicles get cascaded or new vehicles introduced, the list can become out-dated, so if you spot anything that may be incorrect, please report it by replying to this topic. If someone else can verify your claim, then I will make the amendments accordingly when I get chance to.

Thanks all!

The list is also now viewable on a dedicated page on my WMBU website:
https://wmbu.org.uk/enthusiasts/nx-bus-usual-allocations/

There's a handy Search box on that page, so you can easily and quickly find any service you want, rather than scrolling through the list above.

If you notice any errors or anything that needs amending, please reply to this topic with as much detail as you can, and I will make any amendments when I get the opportunity.

While I don't have the luxury of time to travel around the region to verify any changes that need to be made, I am able to at least refer to BusTimes now to look through vehicle histories. But please, unless you notice a change for yourself on a route or routes that you regularly use yourself or are familiar with, I don't need others trawling through BusTimes to look for things to be updated.

Just because you've "seen xxx bus a few times now", don't just assume that it is 'usual', there could of course be 'operational reasons' for this.

Replies to this thread will be removed once actioned, to keep the topic clean, and to ensure I don't miss anything.

No 'general chit-chat' please, use the appropriate garage thread for that.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Is there an updated allocations sheet available.

I see many "unusual" and, to my mind, "noteworthy" workings , though these may not be!

Thanks, in advance, to whomever does this for the forum.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on September 15, 2021, 07:39:21 AM
Is there an updated allocations sheet available.

I see many "unusual" and, to my mind, "noteworthy" workings , though these may not be!

Thanks, in advance, to whomever does this for the forum.

See the opening post, the list there 'dynamically' updates as I make changes to the document, it will be as up-to-date as the best of my knowledge.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

WA34 and 37 occasionally use Double Deckers that come of School buses of a morning and Afternoon 701 of a morning and 881 of an afternoon also I would say Volvo B7RLE Wright Explise Urban 2's are standard on a Saturday and Sunday and do Weekday Work again they come of a School board or are on there from the morning, the WA41 uses B7RLE Wright Explise Urban 2's and occasionally Scania Omnilink's, 
WN59 uses ADL E400 Hybrids occasionally, MMC's, E400's but mostly B7RLE Wright Explise Urban 2's of late and the WN79 now uses E400 Hybrids and E40D's as, I would also the 10/10A in WN uses E200's and Double Deckers of a morning
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on December 05, 2023, 10:24:53 AMWA34 and 37 occasionally use Double Deckers that come of School buses of a morning and Afternoon 701 of a morning and 881 of an afternoon also I would say Volvo B7RLE Wright Explise Urban 2's are standard on a Saturday and Sunday and do Weekday Work again they come of a School board or are on there from the morning, the WA41 uses B7RLE Wright Explise Urban 2's and occasionally Scania Omnilink's,
WN59 uses ADL E400 Hybrids occasionally, MMC's, E400's but mostly B7RLE Wright Explise Urban 2's of late and the WN79 now uses E400 Hybrids and E40D's as, I would also the 10/10A in WN uses E200's and Double Deckers of a morning
There's quite a bit of wibble in that post.
34/37
There's one journey in the morning and one in the afternoon which are positioning journeys for the school run and the late night bus that comes off the 10 route can also sometimes be a bouble deck. But main allocation is any single deck (E200/Scania or B7RLE)
Most of the daytime journies are B7RLEs but can be any single deck, the evening journeys again, two buses off the 10 operate, so can be any of Walsall's buses, but are usually double decks of any kind.

Main allocation is E400s but again can be any WN DD and there's normally also a couple of B7RLEs on there on the boards that do the late night journies

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on December 05, 2023, 11:00:14 AMThere's quite a bit of wibble in that post.
34/37
There's one journey in the morning and one in the afternoon which are positioning journeys for the school run and the late night bus that comes off the 10 route can also sometimes be a bouble deck. But main allocation is any single deck (E200/Scania or B7RLE)
Most of the daytime journies are B7RLEs but can be any single deck, the evening journeys again, two buses off the 10 operate, so can be any of Walsall's buses, but are usually double decks of any kind.

Main allocation is E400s but again can be any WN DD and there's normally also a couple of B7RLEs on there on the boards that do the late night journies
I've noticed a lot more B7's on the 59 of late I thought it was still E400's but I would add B7s to the Mix, The 41 still has Tridents listed so I was saying the B7RLE should be the allocation listed. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Stu on September 19, 2015, 09:31:18 AMFor the benefit of anyone who wants to check if something they've spotted can be classed as 'noteworthy' or not, there is a Google Spreadsheet I have created, which lists the usual vehicle type(s) used on any given route, as well as other common usages of vehicle on that route.

If you spot a vehicle type listed in either column, then that is not noteworthy. Please only report vehicle sightings if they are not listed as 'usual' or 'commonly used' as that will save a lot of pointless discussion/arguments.

As vehicles get cascaded or new vehicles introduced, the list can become out-dated, so if you spot anything that may be incorrect, please report it by replying to this topic. If someone else can verify your claim, then I will make the amendments accordingly when I get chance to.

Thanks all!

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTdjcW3Yva9oYhzd_LShP0VWQDMTcJxjDiUREGmDhAP2xvxoQOpRFNLwkazFE1T5YKfirkjlov6S7NT/pubhtml?gid=707080243&amp;single=true&amp;widget=true&amp;headers=false" height="800" width="100%"></iframe>

The list is also now viewable on a dedicated page on my WMBU website:
https://wmbu.org.uk/enthusiasts/nx-bus-usual-allocations/

There's a handy Search box on that page, so you can easily and quickly find any service you want, rather than scrolling through the list above.

If you notice any errors or anything that needs amending, please reply to this topic with as much detail as you can, and I will make any amendments when I get the opportunity.

While I don't have the luxury of time to travel around the region to verify any changes that need to be made, I am able to at least refer to BusTimes now to look through vehicle histories. But please, unless you notice a change for yourself on a route or routes that you regularly use yourself or are familiar with, I don't need others trawling through BusTimes to look for things to be updated.

Just because you've "seen xxx bus a few times now", don't just assume that it is 'usual', there could of course be 'operational reasons' for this.

Replies to this thread will be removed once actioned, to keep the topic clean, and to ensure I don't miss anything.

No 'general chit-chat' please, use the appropriate garage thread for that.

Could you argue that the "usual allocation" on WB 5 is the wright Gemini B7TL? There's usually more of them than the ADL E400s. I go on the 5 every day and I'm on far more Gemini's than Enviro 400s.
5/51/X51/529

Jack

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on December 12, 2023, 11:13:41 PMCould you argue that the "usual allocation" on WB 5 is the wright Gemini B7TL? There's usually more of them than the ADL E400s. I go on the 5 every day and I'm on far more Gemini's than Enviro 400s.
No, the 5 gets almost any bus at WB. Plus a lot of the Geminis are due off anyway so E400's will be even more common than what they are

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

For the 51, shouldn't the ADL Enviro 400 MMC be in the also commonly used section?
5/51/X51/529

Jack

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 22, 2024, 06:16:24 PMFor the 51, shouldn't the ADL Enviro 400 MMC be in the also commonly used section?
At this point those and the E400's are the main allocation as there's hardly any or none Hydrogens!

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: Jack on January 22, 2024, 10:03:30 PMAt this point those and the E400's are the main allocation as there's hardly any or none Hydrogens!
Exactly. At this point the Hydrogens may as well be a noteworthy working haha
5/51/X51/529

Isle of Stroma

QuoteAt this point those and the E400's are the main allocation as there's hardly any or none Hydrogens!t

The wonderful 2130 is out on the 51 tonight...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk