News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chiltern Railways

Started by 2206, August 21, 2015, 01:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Article in current Rail magazine showing the potential new regime.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylanbusboy45

168325 and a few others out today.

Rob H

168325 was out today working 1H28 (09:12 BSW - MYB) with 168214
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

WMT3000

168324 & 168329 are both in moor st sidings atm.

Stuharris 6360

Surprise this hasn't been mentioned?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/626181/London-Train-Marylebone-station-Chiltern-Railways-London-Fire-Brigade

Whats going on with trains at the moment with trains and fires?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

Walked passed this yesterday on my way back to euston. I didn't know what was going on.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Roy

Chiltern Railways announced at the Stourbridge Line User Group Public Meeting this week that they have bid to increase the number of through trains to Kidderminster at weekends from the December 2017 timetable change.  There will be 4 extra trains on Saturdays and 5 trains on Sundays if the proposal is endorsed at the December Timetable Conference.  The proposal also includes a slightly earlier first train of the day on Sundays into Birmingham from Kidderminster and Stourbridge.  Full details are on the Stourbridge Line User Group website at http://www.stourbridgelineusergroup.info/chiltern%20kidderminster%20services.html

On another subject, the same meeting was also shown the first artist's impressions of the rebuilt Kidderminster station.  The station building will be a modern glass-fronted building and the forecourt will be redesigned to improve traffic flow with the taxi rank moved to beyond the station building.  There will be no bus interchange on the forecourt as it would mean losing 50 car parking spaces and the bus companies have shown little interest in using it.  The trees hiding the station from Comberton Hill will be removed to make the station visible from Comberton Hill and the bus stops in Comberton Hill will be upgraded with a pedestrian crossing provided to improve access to the station.  Work starts next year with completion by Spring 2019.

windy miller

I notice that Tony has taken a few shots of the remaining  class 121  first generation  'Bubble' rail cars in service with Chiltern rail at Aylesbury.  Judging by the number of enthusiasts present was this some 'farewell' occasion perhaps? or just a private function?  The blue unit ( ex 55020 ) looks resplendent in its new paint job is it to remain in service at Aylesbury or is it destined for preservation??????/ 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on May 19, 2017, 11:52:00 PM
I notice that Tony has taken a few shots of the remaining  class 121  first generation  'Bubble' rail cars in service with Chiltern rail at Aylesbury.  Judging by the number of enthusiasts present was this some 'farewell' occasion perhaps? or just a private function?  The blue unit ( ex 55020 ) looks resplendent in its new paint job is it to remain in service at Aylesbury or is it destined for preservation??????/

Yesterday was the last day of both and Chiltern put them out all day running non-stop Princess Risborough-Aylesbury instead of just the normal peak time service. Both are being sold

Bob

That's a real shame. Better than a lot of new trains

windy miller

Many thanks for the info.The bubble car in the fresh paint livery  (55020) is/was the ONLY DMU in everyday service that I had not seen.  Anyone know where its most likely to go????
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2017, 09:34:25 AM
Yesterday was the last day of both and Chiltern put them out all day running non-stop Princess Risborough-Aylesbury instead of just the normal peak time service. Both are being sold

Couldn't get yesterday off work for it so went down last week to pay my tribute, and it was hella busy then so hate to imagine how full they were yesterday
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on May 20, 2017, 08:50:37 PM
Couldn't get yesterday off work for it so went down last week to pay my tribute, and it was hella busy then so hate to imagine how full they were yesterday

The conductor made a great announcement.
"Sorry for the overcrowding there appears to be something special on today "

Stuharris 6360

Wasn't one of them 121034 which went through the buffers at Stourbridge Town?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk