News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

12 all white coaches for Mike de Courcey

Started by t.w.moore, December 11, 2014, 03:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.w.moore

Mike de Courcey has taken on a new Jaguar contract, originally operated by King Long of Coventry. Its transporting Jaguar workers from a car park at Birmingham Airport, to the Jaguar Works at Gaydon and from Jaguars plant at Whitley to Gaydon, in addition to his park n ride shuttle service from Whitley to Gaydon operated by Mercedes 12 seaters.
These coaches are based at the NEC depot and I believe...not sure at Mike de Courceys depot in Birmigham,
I have been told 12  ex National coaches have been aquired to run this contract. The coaches are all white, 2 are thee axled Levante Scanias, I have photographed 7 of them so far, they have been in service for a month now. I can offer the details of the six photographed at the Whitley plant one is a three axled Scania Levante, the rest two axled Volvo B12 all Caentano bodies.

?      FJ57 KHG, Scania Canetano 61 seats three axle, there are two of these, fleet numbers not known
   107    FN06 FCH Volvo B12 Cantaeno Lavante 49 seater
   108    FJ06 URO    "       "         "           "           "
   109    FN05 FMC    "        "        "           "           "
   110   FH05 URP    "        "        "         not a Lavante
   111   FH05 URN    "        "        "             "        "
     ?     FH05 URO    "        "        "             "        " N
An update will be as soon as I can obtain a full list

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 11, 2014, 03:10:11 PM
Mike de Courcey has taken on a new Jaguar contract, originally operated by King Long of Coventry. Its transporting Jaguar workers from a car park at Birmingham Airport, to the Jaguar Works at Gaydon and from Jaguars plant at Whitley to Gaydon, in addition to his park n ride shuttle service from Whitley to Gaydon operated by Mercedes 12 seaters.
These coaches are based at the NEC depot and I believe...not sure at Mike de Courceys depot in Birmigham,
I have been told 12  ex National coaches have been aquired to run this contract. The coaches are all white, 2 are thee axled Levante Scanias, I have photographed 7 of them so far, they have been in service for a month now. I can offer the details of the six photographed at the Whitley plant one is a three axled Scania Levante, the rest two axled Volvo B12 all Caentano bodies.

?      FJ57 KHG, Scania Canetano 61 seats three axle, there are two of these, fleet numbers not known
   107    FN06 FCH Volvo B12 Cantaeno Lavante 49 seater
   108    FJ06 URO    "       "         "           "           "
   109    FN05 FMC    "        "        "           "           "
   110   FH05 URP    "        "        "         not a Lavante
   111   FH05 URN    "        "        "             "        "
     ?     FH05 URO    "        "        "             "        " N
An update will be as soon as I can obtain a full list

Most of them are on the main site of the website, the few missing will be as soon as I can update it. I will post the list on here when I get home

t.w.moore

Tony, the Volvo coaches above are listed as C49FLT on the main site, but they are two axled not three axled

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 12, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
Tony, the Volvo coaches above are listed as C49FLT on the main site, but they are two axled not three axled

The Volvos are two axle C49FLT, the Scanias are three axle C61FLT

t.w.moore

Tony still confused, FLT means Front, Long and Twin axle, Mikes newly aqcuired Volvos  have no twin axles at the rear?

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 13, 2014, 03:20:14 PM
Tony still confused, FLT means Front, Long and Twin axle, Mikes newly aqcuired Volvos  have no twin axles at the rear?

No, C49FLT is the body type, it means
C - Coach
49 - 49 passenger seats
F - front entrance
L - Lift fitted for wheelchair access
T - Toilet fitted

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

I wasn't aware of King Long as an operator - were these routes operated by Guideissue trading as Bakers, who did have an OC in Coventry?

Tony

The complete fleetlist on the main site
http://wmbusphotos.com/DeCourcey/fleetlist.html
has been updated with information supplied by the company

James4368

Travel De Courcey 101
been registered from FJ57KHZ-SHZ5737
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull