News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

Bring back the 123/450, and get rid of the 61/53, because a more frequent service is required between Smethwick and bearwood, and no one seems to use the 61 where people used the 123.

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 20, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 20, 2014, 08:45:53 PM
Have early Hagley Road services go around Five Ways? Obviously when the service is operating off-peak on an outbound...

What do you mean?

I mean have Hagley Road Services serve Five Ways (Tesco) & Morrisons instead of using the underpass...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on December 11, 2014, 08:02:30 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 20, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 20, 2014, 08:45:53 PM
Have early Hagley Road services go around Five Ways? Obviously when the service is operating off-peak on an outbound...

What do you mean?

I mean have Hagley Road Services serve Five Ways (Tesco) & Morrisons instead of using the underpass...

Oh yeah I remember that... I think... It was when they was trying to save fuel and pulling away at five ways was drinking a lot of fuel so they sent it down the underpass.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Dutsey

I would introduce the route 95 to Chelmsley Wood going the same way as the 94 but instead of going via Chelmsley Wood North, the 95 just goes straight along the chester road and Moorend Avenue into the Wood.

Also I would introduce a Chelmsley Wood Circular service instead to go round helmswood drive and Yorkminster drive 96A, 96C

Tony

Quote from: Dutsey on December 11, 2014, 09:18:38 PM
I would introduce the route 95 to Chelmsley Wood going the same way as the 94 but instead of going via Chelmsley Wood North, the 95 just goes straight along the chester road and Moorend Avenue into the Wood.

Also I would introduce a Chelmsley Wood Circular service instead to go round helmswood drive and Yorkminster drive 96A, 96C

So that would reduce the frequency of the 94 through where most of it's customers are

So for one of the biggest council estates you would take their direct buses off to Birmingham City Centre?

Dutsey

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2014, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: Dutsey on December 11, 2014, 09:18:38 PM

So that would reduce the frequency of the 94 through where most of it's customers are

So for one of the biggest council estates you would take their direct buses off to Birmingham City Centre?

Or I would rename the 97 to 96 and the 96 could go alon g helmswood drive and Yorkminster driver with the 97P turning into the 97. This would make it less confusing then what is running now.

Alex

Right about now, here's an idea for anyone fed up of waiting for a ******* WA41:

Change the 69 to have 69A trips to Willenhall from Wolverhampton, running along the 28 route from New Invention to Willenhall Union St, to give the link between Coppice Farm and Willenhall that has been lost since the 369 was changed
This would give a slightly better frequency (and it can't be anymore unreliable than the 41 is at the moment >:() from New Invention down the Lucknow and Ashmore Lake Rds
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Westy

Quote from: ARJ2901 on December 16, 2014, 09:51:53 PM
Right about now, here's an idea for anyone fed up of waiting for a ******* WA41:

Change the 69 to have 69A trips to Willenhall from Wolverhampton, running along the 28 route from New Invention to Willenhall Union St, to give the link between Coppice Farm and Willenhall that has been lost since the 369 was changed
This would give a slightly better frequency (and it can't be anymore unreliable than the 41 is at the moment >:() from New Invention down the Lucknow and Ashmore Lake Rds

Is there much call for a 369 type route to come back, restoring a Willenhall to Sainsburys link?

CL

What if there was an X33 - like there is with the X51. Have the X33 not serve some stops like Perry Barr, like the X51 does. And also, like the X51, have some journeys extended. Maybe to Queslett ASDA, or Great Barr?

Tony

Quote from: clayderman on December 28, 2014, 04:02:52 PM
What if there was an X33 - like there is with the X51. Have the X33 not serve some stops like Perry Barr, like the X51 does. And also, like the X51, have some journeys extended. Maybe to Queslett ASDA, or Great Barr?

That's basically what the 934/935/936 are!

CL

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2014, 04:12:48 PM
Quote from: clayderman on December 28, 2014, 04:02:52 PM

That's basically what the 934/935/936 are!

Oh, touché. My bad. :P

richie

I would extend the 289 to RHH

Withdraw the 297 but re route and re number the 205 to serve current route from DY to Pensnett High oak then along Tansey Green to Gornal Wood then to Kingswinford via PN trading est and Dudley Road.

The Fox 4846

I've got to say clayderman I agree!
I think there should be a 'X33' type of service you know but maybe have a '933' kind of service instead so it serves lots more stops.
I mean it would be good to have a quicker service to Birmingham for warren farm as they only really have the 33.
I thought a '994' service same as 33 but goes to Scott arms and terminates there but goes on the flyover like 934.
I also think a '992' service from Birmingham same as 934 until Kingstanding then around Pheasey and then terminates at the Asda nearby.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on December 28, 2014, 07:16:58 PM
I've got to say clayderman I agree!
I think there should be a 'X33' type of service you know but maybe have a '933' kind of service instead so it serves lots more stops.
I mean it would be good to have a quicker service to Birmingham for warren farm as they only really have the 33.
I thought a '994' service same as 33 but goes to Scott arms and terminates there but goes on the flyover like 934.
I also think a '992' service from Birmingham same as 934 until Kingstanding then around Pheasey and then terminates at the Asda nearby.

Brilliant idea that, an express service that serves a lot more stops!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richie on December 28, 2014, 05:25:59 PM
I would extend the 289 to RHH

Withdraw the 297 but re route and re number the 205 to serve current route from DY to Pensnett High oak then along Tansey Green to Gornal Wood then to Kingswinford via PN trading est and Dudley Road.

Why extend it to RHH, enough buses go there now as it is!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk