News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

late running diamonds

Started by the trainbasher, May 02, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve6544

Quote from: Nathan on May 04, 2014, 08:51:27 PM
Quote from: Daniel w on May 04, 2014, 08:39:57 PM
this a according to my nextdoor neighbour as they were wating for the bus and I was at sainsburs and burgerking then

I didn't think "Sainsburs" had a Burger King Outlet inside? How can you be in two places at once? that is where I was for the hour sainsburs then walked to burger king right oppiste 
. Looking at the online timetable the 002 is due at 08 and 38 from Manor Way towards MH so whether the 14:08 (Running 20 minutes late) was still parked up when the next one pulled in at Merry Hill? yes the firstwas late the next one pulled in afew minutes late then none left till 14:42 according to my neighbour which is quite ureliable

fleetline6477

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 04, 2014, 08:53:55 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 04, 2014, 08:44:06 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on May 04, 2014, 08:35:19 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 04, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on May 04, 2014, 08:22:25 PM
Quote from: Daniel w on May 04, 2014, 08:16:50 PM
Today I was in merryhill at about 14:30 and two 002s arrived one after the other ! no service for about 40 minutes as both drivers were out of sight not even on the bus or in the cab !

I doubt that sincerely.

And I wasn't being PEdantic-it was humour.

I don't doubt it at all knowing how Diamond behave on the 002

Well they turn up, unlike TGB and have a timetable. Of course routes like the 002 and 226 are going to suffer delays as are NX routes like the 244.

I just fail to understand how at 2:30, when one would have just arrived, another would arrive. Are you seriously telling me on a Sunday, the 2 o'clock 002 would have been running 30 minutes late. Even if that is as you say, there would have been another 002 30 mins after that. So the claim "no service for 40 minutes" is stretching the boundaries of credibility. I can guarantee that you didn't witness this-it is merely an interpretation and exaggeration of someone else's post.

Quite the opposite I'm afraid, you'll wait ages for a Diamond 002 and then two will come along at once, with a third not far behind. Diamond have no concept of sticking to a timetable on the 002. TGB meanwhile run to the timetable and collect the passengers who have given up waiting for a 002. In my eyes Diamond are easy competition on the 002 and I hope TGB take advantage of their poor reputation amongst the users of the route

Did you not read Trident4370's post in the TGB thread about no-shows and someone else also posted that. You even joked there was a black hole somewhere along the route.

There is possibly doubling when M-F on a 15 min headway particularly in afternoons but timekeeping really isn't bad.

If diamond are really easy competition then TGB should really be asking themselves why the 22 has struggled to take off. I'm sorry the route arrived with free buses on no timetable, then it was every 30 mins then every 15 and no one really seems to know what the timetable is.

I think a lot of the timetabling issues where the fault of Centro and not TGB. Timetables were showing every hour and not every half hour as TGB were going to operate and took too long to correct. There is still no label showing the 22 at it's Birmingham bound stop  in Halesowen Bus Station. Considering an operator pays Centro for timetables (28p per stop I think) to put in stops they deserved a better service.

There is a sense that every new route takes time to take off. In recent weeks TGB are carrying more fare paying passengers and according to a couple of drivers I spoke to they are meeting their cash and bus pass targets, passengers are starting to use it to / from Merry Hill and Halesowen to Jiggins Lane and down into Harborne. The main cause of low passenger numbers at the Birmingham end as I see it is that it terminates at the Town Hall and not Colmore Row and the route begins at a stop not used by other Harborne bound buses.

nitromatt1

Today I was in merryhill at about 14:30 and two 002s arrived one after the other ! no service for about 40 minutes as both drivers were out of sight not even on the bus or in the cab !

I doubt that sincerely.

Well they turn up, unlike TGB and have a timetable. Of course routes like the 002 and 226 are going to suffer delays as are NX routes like the 244.

I just fail to understand how at 2:30, when one would have just arrived, another would arrive. Are you seriously telling me on a Sunday, the 2 o'clock 002 would have been running 30 minutes late. Even if that is as you say, there would have been another 002 30 mins after that. So the claim "no service for 40 minutes" is stretching the boundaries of credibility. I can guarantee that you didn't witness this-it is merely an interpretation and exaggeration of someone else's post.

Quite the opposite I'm afraid, you'll wait ages for a Diamond 002 and then two will come along at once, with a third not far behind. Diamond have no concept of sticking to a timetable on the 002. TGB meanwhile run to the timetable and collect the passengers who have given up waiting for a 002. In my eyes Diamond are easy competition on the 002 and I hope TGB take advantage of their poor reputation amongst the users of the route

Did you not read Trident4370's post in the TGB thread about no-shows and someone else also posted that. You even joked there was a black hole somewhere along the route.

There is possibly doubling when M-F on a 15 min headway particularly in afternoons but timekeeping really isn't bad.

If diamond are really easy competition then TGB should really be asking themselves why the 22 has struggled to take off. I'm sorry the route arrived with free buses on no timetable, then it was every 30 mins then every 15 and no one really seems to know what the timetable is.

Firstly, any no shows are isolated occurances and are very rare. Diamond, on the other hand, should know all about no-shows (and don't get me started on the 99!)

The timetable is not obvious because of Centro's failings. A lot of passengers, anyway, are those who have been waiting ages for the 002 and the 22 turned up on time.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 04, 2014, 09:14:28 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 04, 2014, 09:09:12 PM

I doubt that sincerely.

Firstly, any no shows are isolated occurances and are very rare. Diamond, on the other hand, should know all about no-shows (and don't get me started on the 99!)

The timetable is not obvious because of Centro's failings. A lot of passengers, anyway, are those who have been waiting ages for the 002 and the 22 turned up on time.

Or if, perchance, the 22 happens to be just in front and is the first bus.

As I have already said, drivers stick to the timetable, regardless of where Diamond are

Tony

All this argument started because Daniel w started posting lies again (he was there, then it was his neighbour while he was eating a Burger King in Sainsburys or something like that. He is picking on Diamond because he knows he cannot post crap about NXWM and not get found out. - Just ignore his posts and everyone can be friends again!

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

No idea what happened or what didn't today with the 002 but I know that there can be some terrible timing issues along the route on a fairly regular basis as studying at Newman University often I can keep a good track of what's going on

My thoughts would be to stick with the current PVR but reduce the advertised frequency to every 20 minutes, thus allowing longer layovers and more drop-back to help try and keep the route somewhere near running on time.

Most passengers I'm sure would prefer to catch a bus every 20 minutes knowing its going to arrive than simply just arrive at the stop and hope for the best as is often the case at the moment and is how I catch the 002 as the timetables are really fairly hopeless

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on May 04, 2014, 09:30:07 PM
All this argument started because Daniel w started posting lies again (he was there, then it was his neighbour while he was eating a Burger King in Sainsburys or something like that. He is picking on Diamond because he knows he cannot post crap about NXWM and not get found out. - Just ignore his posts and everyone can be friends again!

Well said Tony!  Also to add his timings don't add up!   He said one arrived late (Well the 14:08 ex Manor Way was 20 minutes late).  Then another one came in abit late!

For one the one that was running 20 mins late would have arrived after 14:42! Then how did the next one arrive a few mins later (Also late according to him!) if the next one was due to pull into MH at 14:59 (Leave at 15:07)

bususer12

Not strictly late running, but the 2215 226 from Dudley failed to operate (well at least not shown up between 2205 and 2225

nitromatt1

Two 4Hs towards Walsall just passed Sainsburys in Blackheath.

nitromatt1

Two 4Hs in Hayley Green at 13:05.

Trident 4194

Diamond 4h being running in twos all day

Trident 4194

30454, 30437 ran together at 13:50 exiting halesowen

Trident 4194

15:28 4H leaving halesowen came into halesowen and back to Walsall, without completing Hayley green loop

bwsau cymru

Theres been big delays on the 4 today loads of traffic by Sandwell general
campaigning for better transport for all

hartshill busman 724210

226 running on Hansons time 1045 to Merry Hill  Wordsley Cat. No traffic and very few passengers on board.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk