News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Stafford Services

Started by C K / S I, February 17, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on October 29, 2014, 05:19:25 PM
Still branded for cannock to walsall looking awful no doubt?

Still branded, but as I was looking down on it from above I can't really comment on its state.

staffsdave

2701 back at CK. loaned to stafford whilst 2315 X523GGO had an Engine change

Bob

Are any of staffords darts due for withdrawal soon some are in a pretty crap state

staffsdave

2232/2233/2282/2284/2287 are first on the hit list for withdrawl but that probably wont happen till Jan/Feb 2015

Bob

2282 or 2284 has not long had a light refurb I think.  Y184 TUK should go its in a right state!  Blocked Quuensville island a coiple of weeks ago broken down with its hazards on

Cheese

3728 would appear to be on loan at Stafford today, just noted on the 12 at Chell Road heading for Doxey.

Bob

Quote from: staffsdave on November 04, 2014, 09:11:33 PM
2232/2233/2282/2284/2287 are first on the hit list for withdrawl but that probably wont happen till Jan/Feb 2015

If thats the case shouldn't V208 KDA now running from cannock be withdrawn also? Along with V426 DGT as theyre a similar age.V208 is a shed despite its re trimmed interior

staffsdave

3728 is currently on loan for the amazon work Stafford have and sometimes does some of the 12s after the morning A51/827.

staffsdave

3 versas to come from Telford early December for the X25 service.

mikestone

X25 timetable is amazingly already on website - although as far as I can see nothing to tell anyone it isn't yet in operation.

Bob

Can you actually download them now then?

Bob

Think itll take off? Suppose it will be handy and the versas should be ok for it. Not a patch on the old days where youd get a coach on an express service tho eh.

Bob

Is there a train between lichfield and stafford ? Cos the X25 still takes an hour give or take a few minutes. In a way if we went back five or six years those H-DVM volvos that were retrofitted with coach seats and overhead luggage racks would have been amazing for this type of route. Next best thing to a leopard or tiger

Bob

To be fair even high spec service buses with coach seating like stagecoach gold would be good for express services. Theyre mmuch better than the latest sapphire seats

Tony

Quote from: andy on November 20, 2014, 11:39:11 PM
Quote from: Bob on November 20, 2014, 11:29:57 PM
Is there a train between lichfield and stafford ? Cos the X25 still takes an hour give or take a few minutes. In a way if we went back five or six years those H-DVM volvos that were retrofitted with coach seats and overhead luggage racks would have been amazing for this type of route. Next best thing to a leopard or tiger

Yes but same problem as the train between Tamworth and Lichfield. Lichfield Trent Valley station is nowhere near Lichfield city centre and the service is only hourly and obviously much more expensive.

Unfortunately buses such as those Volvos you refer to just don't exist anymore.

Off-peak train fare is £5.20, peak £7.60 return and takes 18 minutes;
Including changing onto a train down to Lichfield City increases the fare to £5.30/£8.30 and can be done in as little as 27 minutes so certainly off-peak the train is very competitive

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk