News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NBFL (Borismasters)

Started by Tony, November 01, 2013, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex BC driver

I wonder if the conductors are employed by TfL as the ones on the 11 look like they have TfL uniforms, as opposed to Go Ahead

Liverpool Street

Just looks like their official name is

Wrightbus NB4L Borrismaster

No individual body or chassis name I can find anywhere.

Or I suppose you could call it

Wrightbus bodied NB4L?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

On the Wrightbus website, it's simply called 'New Bus For London'.

I checked one of the regs in my vehicle lookup and it returned:

MAKE: WRIGHTBUS
MODEL: NEW BUS FOR LONDON NBFL (1)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ex BC driver on November 03, 2013, 03:14:40 AM
I wonder if the conductors are employed by TfL as the ones on the 11 look like they have TfL uniforms, as opposed to Go Ahead

The Customer Assistants as they are called are employed by the bus company, eg: London United although the money for there wages comes from TFL.  It has been revealed that not all routes will have these, indeed i think the 390 will be operated as a normal bus, ie: with no Customer Assistant and the 9 only has customer assistants Monday to Friday..
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on November 02, 2013, 10:29:09 PM
Quote from: andyr on November 02, 2013, 10:23:35 PM
Tfl contracts specify if new or refurbished buses are reqired for the specific route and strict rules apply to the buses operated. The NBFL will be very very old before they would be cascaded because of there very expensive cost to buy. No operator i can think of would ever buy one of these buses at the price they cost.

They are all going to do two 7 year contracts (according to TfL's current thinking) so what should happen is The London United batch currently on the 9 will be operated by LU for 7 years and then the same vehicles will pass to whoever wins the 9 for the next 7 years, whether that is London United or another operator.

I Like the fact TfL have allocated the registration numbers and fleetnumbers, makes spotting and photgraphing fare easier!

At the moment, the NB4Ls are being allocated to routes mid contract, currently the 11 is due to go out to Tender this time next year with the winner announced in March 2015 & the new contract beginning in October of 2015. However it is likely that a two year extension of the current contract may be ordered.

Also due to go out for tender at this time next year are the 9H & 15H, rumour has it that the Heritage routes may be changed at this time, although this is pure rumour.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 03, 2013, 01:14:04 PM
Tfl contracts specify if new or refurbished buses are reqired for the specific route and strict rules apply to the buses operated. The NBFL will be very very old before they would be cascaded because of there very expensive cost to buy. No operator i can think of would ever buy one of these buses at the price they cost.

They are all going to do two 7 year contracts (according to TfL's current thinking) so what should happen is The London United batch currently on the 9 will be operated by LU for 7 years and then the same vehicles will pass to whoever wins the 9 for the next 7 years, whether that is London United or another operator.

I Like the fact TfL have allocated the registration numbers and fleetnumbers, makes spotting and photgraphing fare easier!

At the moment, the NB4Ls are being allocated to routes mid contract, currently the 11 is due to go out to Tender this time next year with the winner announced in March 2015 & the new contract beginning in October of 2015. However it is likely that a two year extension of the current contract may be ordered.

Also due to go out for tender at this time next year are the 9H & 15H, rumour has it that the Heritage routes may be changed at this time, although this is pure rumour.

And I expect the heritage routes will stay for good? What's the oldest Routemaster in operation? - I could Google it; but I'd rather your knowledge prevails.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 08, 2013, 10:13:43 PM

And I expect the heritage routes will stay for good? What's the oldest Routemaster in operation? - I could Google it; but I'd rather your knowledge prevails.

In use at the moment, i would suggest it is Stagecoaches RM324 (WLT 324) unless anybody else knows any different? Delivered to London transport in 1960 and last used on the 15H on wednesday.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 08, 2013, 10:32:03 PM

In use at the moment, i would suggest it is Stagecoaches RM324 (WLT 324) unless anybody else knows any different? Delivered to London transport in 1960 and last used on the 15H on wednesday.

I thought you were spitting feathers but a quick search confirms it.

Can't beat a Regent 3 myself. Different, y'know. Not that the tourists new any different!!
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Interestingly, use of the Routemasters (Heritage Routes) in London is Dwindling.

Route 9H:

2005/06             0.22million (part year only)

2006/07             0.62million

2007/08             0.61million

2008/09             0.55million

2009/10             0.60million

2010/11             0.53million

2011/12             0.52million

2012/13             0.44million

Route 15H:

2005/06             0.21million (part year only)

2006/07             0.67million

2007/08             0.68million

2008/09             0.70million

2009/10             0.76million

2010/11             0.67million

2011/12             0.58million

2012/13             0.47million

On the other side of things, in 2012/3, route 25 (Oxford Street - Ilford) carried just short of 25 million passengers.

busfan2847

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 27, 2013, 05:47:39 PM

Interestingly, use of the Routemasters (Heritage Routes) in London is Dwindling.

Route 9H:

2005/06             0.22million (part year only)

2006/07             0.62million

2007/08             0.61million

2008/09             0.55million

2009/10             0.60million

2010/11             0.53million

2011/12             0.52million

2012/13             0.44million

Route 15H:

2005/06             0.21million (part year only)

2006/07             0.67million

2007/08             0.68million

2008/09             0.70million

2009/10             0.76million

2010/11             0.67million

2011/12             0.58million

2012/13             0.47million

On the other side of things, in 2012/3, route 25 (Oxford Street - Ilford) carried just short of 25 million passengers.

When I was in London for two weeks I noticed several times that the heritage buses were running in pairs, and also holding back to let a modern 9 or 15 past them when approaching a main stop, then overtaking when the modern bus was picking up. It seemed they were trying to avoid picking up passengers and the conductors rarely showed any neterest in collecting fares!

Stuharris 6360

When I was in London for two weeks I noticed several times that the heritage buses were running in pairs, and also holding back to let a modern 9 or 15 past them when approaching a main stop, then overtaking when the modern bus was picking up. It seemed they were trying to avoid picking up passengers and the conductors rarely showed any neterest in collecting fares!
[/quote]

You could well be right there, have been in London all day and have been out and about on the Routemasters as well as other buses.

as you say the conductors seem very reluctant to collect the fares/check oyster cards. What they don't realise is that it is there jobs that will suffer if TFL decide to do away with the Heritage Routemasters.

Also noticed today, that the New Routemasters (as they have now been named) were mostly going round in one man operation mode. Only route 11 had crew operation.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 28, 2013, 10:03:39 PM
[/b]

You could well be right there, have been in London all day and have been out and about on the Routemasters as well as other buses.

as you say the conductors seem very reluctant to collect the fares/check oyster cards. What they don't realise is that it is there jobs that will suffer if TFL decide to do away with the Heritage Routemasters.

Also noticed today, that the New Routemasters (as they have now been named) were mostly going round in one man operation mode. Only route 11 had crew operation.
[/quote]

Most of the routes are supposed to be OPO on Saturdays, only two man on Monday to Fridays 7am to 7pm

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2013, 10:28:33 PM
[/b]

Most of the routes are supposed to be OPO on Saturdays, only two man on Monday to Fridays 7am to 7pm
[/quote]

exactly Tony, but  Saturday & Sundays can be very busy in London & the new buses being used opo is just asking for fare evasion. If you don't want to pay, just get on in the middle or at the back.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 29, 2013, 01:01:45 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2013, 10:28:33 PM
[/b]

exactly Tony, but  Saturday & Sundays can be very busy in London & the new buses being used opo is just asking for fare evasion. If you don't want to pay, just get on in the middle or at the back.
[/quote]

I have been down and been out with TfLs revenue inspectors for a day, They have nearly 300 of them. There is not much fare evasion in Central London. The revenue teams down there prosecute almost all fare evaders. Standards Fares are only issued for first offense of not scanning an oyster, all other offenses and second time not scanning oyster all go straight to the courts.

Stuharris 6360

Interestingly, yesterday in London, i had the chance to ride route 13 with its new hybrid Volvo B5LH with Wrights Gemini bodywork.

Have to say i was very impressed by them, the buses were much more quiet than the NX hybrids & maybe it was the drivers, but when the buses pulled off, there was no jolt when the engine cut in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk