News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 22, 2017, 06:40:47 PM
Sorry - I mean to say we do have a timetable agreement with TfWM

I will arrange to get some 301/2 timetables on bus.

Simon

You really need them in the Travel Shop. Have you tried asking Walsall Council to see if you can stick timetables in the libraries?

For example,  in Bloxwich library, you need to put leaflets for the 19, 23,29 ,301,302 & 326 & maybe the 70.

Simon Dunn

I believe we do this.

However, I have asked one of our Inspectors to visit them in the next week and make sure they have a stock of timetables, should they want them

Simon

woody38

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 24, 2017, 02:59:23 PM
Dear Sir

Overtime with the declining traffic conditions into/out of Birmingham.  The 108 service journeys do not interwork the same anymore.  This means we are effectively operating in the main a lot of single journeys before off peak services, when normally you would operator a number of round trip journeys. 

I am sure there are some journeys which make sense.  The overall proposition doesn't.  We shared usage data with TfWM with the authority to share with other operators and I believe on the back of that one operator has registered some of the journeys.

Simon
Cheers Simon for the reply

BK63 YWP

Dear Simon

The allocation to the 226 is a mixed bag, often the full size single deckers can not cope with the tight corners around brierley hill and Wordsley often curbing the pavement. I often feel sometimes due to the nature and competition for the 226 between yourselves and Hanson's often brings harsh accelerating and breaking around the route makes the ride a bit uncomfortable experience.

Would Diamond use shorter buses to make the drive and accessibility route better than the longer buses and narrow roads?

Many Thanks

Chris
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Chris on April 28, 2017, 01:18:02 PM
Dear Simon

The allocation to the 226 is a mixed bag, often the full size single deckers can not cope with the tight corners around brierley hill and Wordsley often curbing the pavement. I often feel sometimes due to the nature and competition for the 226 between yourselves and Hanson's often brings harsh accelerating and breaking around the route makes the ride a bit uncomfortable experience.

Would Diamond use shorter buses to make the drive and accessibility route better than the longer buses and narrow roads?

Many Thanks

Chris

Chris,

The usual buses should be short buses.  I will talk to the depot about what they are using.

Simon

karl724223

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 29, 2017, 06:01:46 AM
Chris,

The usual buses should be short buses.  I will talk to the depot about what they are using.

Simon
might be a good idea to make sure that short buses are used with the imminent year long road works due to start at high oak pensnett

DD12

Dear Mr.Dunn,
- (Here's an odd one for you !!) -
Bearing in mind how difficult it is currently, to run a profitable bus company, -
IF First were to put their Worcester operation up for sale (at an attractive price),
- how likely do you think it is that the ROTALA group would buy it ??

- That's also bearing in-mind Worcester's frequent traffic jams - with masses of new housing planned, but with inadequate roads !

Thanks !

jc

I think Simon has already said many a time that Rotala would consider any purchase if the price and opportunity was right

markcf83

Given that First have spent money on new buses in relatively recent times I'd be very surprised if they were to divest their operations in Worcester.

Can we please keep this thread clear for Q&A's to Simon only, Winston
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DD12 on May 02, 2017, 03:50:07 PM
Dear Mr.Dunn,
- (Here's an odd one for you !!) -
Bearing in mind how difficult it is currently, to run a profitable bus company, -
IF First were to put their Worcester operation up for sale (at an attractive price),
- how likely do you think it is that the ROTALA group would buy it ??

- That's also bearing in-mind Worcester's frequent traffic jams - with masses of new housing planned, but with inadequate roads !

Thanks !

Dear DD12,

Sorry I have not responded before - I am not noticed the message.

If a Business of this size, location and type was for sale if we were invited to look at the business we would.  I am aware according to the statutory accounts filed at Companies House the performance has declined considerably over the last few years.

With regards whether we would acquire it?  We believe we have the means today to make a competitive offer for a Business of this size. 

My one concern around this business, would be the need to be comfortable with the CMA response to any acquisition.

Simon 

woody38

Hi Simon what is happening to Wessex bus in Bristol, just lately a lot of services are being withdrawn, when You first entered Bristol you where real competition to First but now there seems just cuts & more cuts, even route one is getting the chop.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: woody38 on May 18, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
Hi Simon what is happening to Wessex bus in Bristol, just lately a lot of services are being withdrawn, when You first entered Bristol you where real competition to First but now there seems just cuts & more cuts, even route one is getting the chop.

Our Wessex Business was built up on contract income, over a period of time the contract funding in Bristol, from a variety of sources has substantially reduced.  Therefore as the dominant operator of this types of services our business will naturally reduce

We have tried various commercial bus services, some work some are work in progress and some haven't worked.

DD12

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 18, 2017, 08:37:56 PM
Dear DD12,

Sorry I have not responded before - I am not noticed the message.

If a Business of this size, location and type was for sale if we were invited to look at the business we would.  I am aware according to the statutory accounts filed at Companies House the performance has declined considerably over the last few years.

With regards whether we would acquire it?  We believe we have the means today to make a competitive offer for a Business of this size. 

My one concern around this business, would be the need to be comfortable with the CMA response to any acquisition.

Simon

Thanks very much Simon.

woody38

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 19, 2017, 06:49:27 AM
Our Wessex Business was built up on contract income, over a period of time the contract funding in Bristol, from a variety of sources has substantially reduced.  Therefore as the dominant operator of this types of services our business will naturally reduce

We have tried various commercial bus services, some work some are work in progress and some haven't worked.

Cheers Simon for the reply

Trident 4194

Hi,
     Is there any plans to reintroduce the 142 or provide a partial replacement for some of the route? E.g. Halesowen-QE only?

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk