News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 29, 2017, 11:27:14 AM
That's probably due to the fact diamond run it 10 mins earlier.

So they do exactly what you slate NX for doing...

Cedric

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 29, 2017, 11:27:14 AM
That's probably due to the fact diamond run it 10 mins earlier.
could be that , but  just recently  some of the central 125 drivers have come over to diamond . and  pasangers    have followed them
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 17, 2016, 08:11:17 PM
Dear Simon,
                   Have you ever thought of installing trackers on your vehicles to give passengers an actual time of arrival? I know this is expensive however passengers would greatly appreciate it I'm sure. Even if only on main corridors eg 4,4H,002,16. I know this may not be possible but would intrigued into your answer.

We will have the capability of delivering this across all the fleet from 23/4/17 together with contactless payment.

This will not be available at this point, as we aim to work on reliability data before we allow the general public to see it

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 29, 2017, 07:53:32 AM
Have diamond thought about extending the 25 to Merry Hill via the former 300 route from Stourbridge. It would provide a  useful link which people could then use from Kidderminster and the Norton Road, plus provide a little bit of competition for the X96.

Also, I know it's a centro tendered route, but would it be viable for diamond to move the 226 to leave Merry Hill 5 minutes later so they leave Merry Hill at 1920 (instead of 1915 and so on) as when the 226 was at its previous stop in merry Hill bus station, it was clashing with the 81 which departed at the same stop. (It would also allow those who are coming off buses from Stourbridge to connect easier instead of a 58 minute wait in Merry Hell...)

What we provide now works with 1 bus working.  The route is easy and reliable and works.  In the past when we have tried to complicate services like this, we have destroyed reliability and profitability so there is a nervousness about changing something that works.

Westy

Any chance of you signing up to an agreement with TfWm about including more of your timetables on Nwm leaflets, bearing in mind you've increased your Walsall area services slightly?

You are only on the 19 leaflet as the Sunday service is tendered, but you should be included on the leaflets for the 29, 301 & 302 as well!

Are you concerned about not getting passengers through not having hard copies of your timetables available?

Stuharris 6360

@Simon Dunn May I please ask why you have given up on the 142, you seem to have spent an awful amount of time and presumably money into trying to get it to work as route which included the recent extension to the QE.

Is it that the route just won't work?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on April 18, 2017, 09:48:03 PM
Any chance of you signing up to an agreement with TfWm about including more of your timetables on Nwm leaflets, bearing in mind you've increased your Walsall area services slightly?

You are only on the 19 leaflet as the Sunday service is tendered, but you should be included on the leaflets for the 29, 301 & 302 as well!

Are you concerned about not getting passengers through not having hard copies of your timetables available?

Do we have an agreement with TfWM to cover this.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 22, 2017, 03:09:39 PM
@Simon Dunn May I please ask why you have given up on the 142, you seem to have spent an awful amount of time and presumably money into trying to get it to work as route which included the recent extension to the QE.

Is it that the route just won't work?

Dear Sir,

The service is way off the mark in terms of numbers, and although there are services being removed by NXTWM we would need to get over 3,000 passengers more per work just to cover the direct costs of the service.

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 22, 2017, 04:35:10 PM
Do we have an agreement with TfWM to cover this.

Simon

You tell me.

It's just daft that you don't appear on NWM timetables, which are supposed to be all operator related, unless it's subsidy related & the only way you can get the info is by going online!

I'm just wondering how the heck you get passengers with little visible hard copy timetable evidence?

The only actual timetable leaflet for a West Midlands area service I've seen of yours is one for the 16w, which I actually saw on a 301, so I nabbed a few & gave them to my one sister, who worked at Sandwell General until recently, to leave on their reception!

Oh & I saw a S3 leaflet in Walsall Bus Station TS as well.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on April 22, 2017, 06:08:19 PM
You tell me.

It's just daft that you don't appear on NWM timetables, which are supposed to be all operator related, unless it's subsidy related & the only way you can get the info is by going online!

I'm just wondering how the heck you get passengers with little visible hard copy timetable evidence?

The only actual timetable leaflet for a West Midlands area service I've seen of yours is one for the 16w, which I actually saw on a 301, so I nabbed a few & gave them to my one sister, who worked at Sandwell General until recently, to leave on their reception!

Oh & I saw a S3 leaflet in Walsall Bus Station TS as well.

Sorry - I mean to say we do have a timetable agreement with TfWM

I will arrange to get some 301/2 timetables on bus.

Simon

woody38

I can understand u withdrawing the 142 if it's not making any money for u, but surely the 108 does better, when ever I see one in Brum there is always a good load on them.

Quote from: woody38 on April 23, 2017, 01:18:22 PM
I can understand u withdrawing the 142 if it's not making any money for u, but surely the 108 does better, when ever I see one in Brum there is always a good load on them.
The 142 carries good loads as well. The Solo were often full through Harborne on Tuesday, or carrying nearly full loads.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on April 23, 2017, 01:33:17 PM
The 142 carries good loads as well. The Solo were often full through Harborne on Tuesday, or carrying nearly full loads.

Simon's told you above it doesn't.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: woody38 on April 23, 2017, 01:18:22 PM

Dear Sir

Overtime with the declining traffic conditions into/out of Birmingham.  The 108 service journeys do not interwork the same anymore.  This means we are effectively operating in the main a lot of single journeys before off peak services, when normally you would operator a number of round trip journeys. 

I am sure there are some journeys which make sense.  The overall proposition doesn't.  We shared usage data with TfWM with the authority to share with other operators and I believe on the back of that one operator has registered some of the journeys.

Simon

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 24, 2017, 02:59:23 PM
Dear Sir

Overtime with the declining traffic conditions into/out of Birmingham.  The 108 service journeys do not interwork the same anymore.  This means we are effectively operating in the main a lot of single journeys before off peak services, when normally you would operator a number of round trip journeys. 

I am sure there are some journeys which make sense.  The overall proposition doesn't.  We shared usage data with TfWM with the authority to share with other operators and I believe on the back of that one operator has registered some of the journeys.

Simon
2 trip on 108 by central buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk