News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Unusual Workings

Started by tank90, October 09, 2012, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

All morning I have noticed a President working the 55/55A route. I'm unsure of which one as my bedroom window doesnt look into the main road but its something I havent noticed before. I know that the Lances have been withdraw from Redditch so I was thinking it was due to that but would like it claiffied because i have only ever seen a DD working on the 56 vehical movement to Alex to then tak up the S93 from Kingsley College. I had thought this was due to trees and the roundabout at Tesco Extra being tight to round.

Anyone able to shed any light.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

jc

a decker can get round tesco easier that a lance or enviro can, why do you think there on the 143! Morrisons is rather hard in a longer single decker. There has been a decker working on the 55 in the morning for a year, it works onto the S77, however if you have seen one after this then it is quite unusual but as deckers are cleared on the routes then there is no problem for them to run it.

tank90

It makes sense, to me about the 143 as it is tight! Yeah the there was at least one if not two on the 55 and 56 all day today which is was unusall but if they get round the mini bout at tesco easier then it makes sense to me.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

looks as if they are using them this evening too as i ve just seen one on both. Makes sense at this time of day it can be busy so i say they ve learnt taken them time to tho lol but i suppose with about 8 10 dds that are the same its easier.

Dan

jc

Plus the fact that deckers are getting destroyed on the 143 ...

tank90

Yeah I know when i was traveling back from Bromsgrove a few weeks ago i was cringing as the low branches were banging clanging over the roof of the buss and the buss at somepoiints seeming to be driving into to trees so it was on the right side of the road. Also the route planner needs his/her head sorting out as going around the Roundabout at the Oakells to go to Aston Feilds is just a waste of fuel and time. Hey ho, they know best in Essex...

*grabs coat*

Dan

tank90

38123 on the 57 this morning around 7:55 ish. I thought the pressies had replaced all the step dds or am I jumping the gun?

Dan

jc

Jumping the gun slightly, a President is needed to work the 182 school service meaning a Citybus is homeless ... kind off ... 38123 was on the 57, 58 the other night too.

31452 still going strong on the 143, seems to be the main bus on there these days.

tank90

Unsual because for the last little while its been low floor buses. But today Lance 67246 was on the 55/A, 56/A granted saturday saw one of the step dds working the route but it was plesent to see an old stolwart on the route.

Dan

jc

i think 67246 may be one of the only ones left here ... 67604 is at Kidderminster for mechanical work, both 67246 and 38123 were on the 57/58 on Tuesday.

tank90

67248 i think is at Kidder as im sure i saw it at about 12ish on the X3 on the Bromsgrove highway headed to Redditch.
There was also a Barbie 2 Step Entrance DD on the 55 at about 1130ish too.

Dan

jc

Either 31452 or 38126 would have been the Barbie 2 decker.

67248 was scrapped months ago if not last year, you possibly saw 67238?

tank90

Could have been i couldnt see the number as i was heading in the other direction.

Dan

tank90

One of the Enviro 200's on the 144 this afternoon, still no working Blind. If its staying here why not just remove it and replace it with a blind they can use, surely theres a few roller blinds hanging around somewhere, or change it for digi blind that they use in the 300's and dd 400's.

Dan

tank90

Stepped DDs have been creeping on the 55/56/As this week so far and there was a SDD on the 57/58 on monday I think.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk