News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Haha the polish driver saying caput is great ;D. incidentally, was it one of the MCVs that broke down because apparently they were unreliable

BU07 LGO

I was ona  451 President at the circle as well and an impatient woman in a 58 plate volvo (almost new at time) tried to squeeze past and smashed her wing mirror off the bus and did a runner lol

swifty

God breakdowns!!!! Once broke down in a Metrobus at the main traffic lights at the Junction of Cape Hill and Windmill Lane facing towards Smethwick on a Friday Afternoon Rush Hour with a trainee driving. Oh it was tipping it down of rain, cold as F&*K and having to stand behind the vehicle because the people of Cape Hill don't know what Hazard Lights and the Bonnet being up mean. Was there for around 3 hours, an 87 driver kindly stopped and gave me 4 smokes and a lighter. Don't need the breakdowns on the last trip but hey the 2.5 hours overtime was appreciated.

Another was a warm Saturday Afternoon, 451's all day, had already done 1 trip and coming back along Newton Road towards West Bromwich the bus went silly and decided it was too nice a day to be doing all this running around so decided to overheat and lose power at the bus stop opposite Wigmore Lane, where after transfering my passengers onto the 406H, I spent the next 2 and a bit hours reading the paper, and waving at other drivers as they merrily tooted their horns and waved hand signals at me.............. Then again maybe they were not that friendly lol. By the time the bus had cooled down enough and been nursed back to WB Depot, and another bus was eventually found for me (a rather nice Merc!!!) I was run private to Pheasey to make a return trip and finish my shift. Total trips made = 2, and a nice suntan!!! shame all Saturdays were not like this lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

Ash

I was on a merc today on the 406 and the driver gave it a good thrashing all the way to West Bromwich up the Newton Road, good bit of road to see a merc,b6le or president get thrashed but the mercs seem to give the best journey for speed.

swifty

Quote from: Ash on July 25, 2012, 01:25:16 AM
I was on a merc today on the 406 and the driver gave it a good thrashing all the way to West Bromwich up the Newton Road, good bit of road to see a merc,b6le or president get thrashed but the mercs seem to give the best journey for speed.

The Mercs were always good fun going towards Scott Arms down the Newton Road, especially when you get them into the dip at the bottom before the Speed Camera. They could also get up to speed bloody quick off the lights.
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

settlerman

674 the worse for wear today, being dragged out of West Bromwich bus station.

Ash

Quote from: settlerman on September 05, 2012, 03:22:33 PM

674 wouldnt start up yesterday on the 405 in the bus station one of the inspectors got the back up and got it going after a while, seems a regular problem with this bus.

Discodave

are the b6's NXWM have ever going to die ? all they do was over heat and were gutless too were a nightmare on the 311 and 313 shows how long it was when i drove one

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Ash on September 05, 2012, 03:58:39 PM

674 wouldnt start up yesterday on the 405 in the bus station one of the inspectors got the back up and got it going after a while, seems a regular problem with this bus.

WB really must be struggiling then, as logic tells you not to put the bus back on the road after it had broken down the day before!

Ash

Quote from: wilmotm on September 05, 2012, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: Ash on September 05, 2012, 03:58:39 PM

WB really must be struggiling then, as logic tells you not to put the bus back on the road after it had broken down the day before!

Yeah it was struggling but the inspector in West Brom bus station did manage to get it going and this was the 2nd b6le to break down at that time as there was another one parked up in the bus station broken down so it tells you to switch of the engine when on stand but the problem seems to buy they cant get the buses going again when try to switch them back on. With the extra buses needed due to the timetable changes from the 3rd Sept and the extra school services wouldnt suprise me if WB are short of buses and needed 674 back on the road again. As the 702 school service was operated by a merc (1534) which i thought this school service was normally operated by a double decker.

settlerman

1586 being dragged out of West Bromwich bus station today.  :(

bususer12

4321 On the 257 broke down today at the lights on wordsley High st, causing big traffic issues.

Bob

a 58 plate Omnilink broke down in Willenhall town centre by Morrisons last Saturday. Unusual working that is too as it was on the 41

settlerman

4365 just made it to Cotteridge before throwing in the towel. Awaiting engineers.

Trident 4609

1676 was on a back of a mansfield truck going up the ring road towards stafford street with the 81 and the destination blinds still up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk