News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The reserve bus fleet at Birmingham

Started by t.w.moore, April 12, 2018, 04:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t.w.moore

I understand all the buses sent to Coventry on hire/loan from Birminham are from the reserved/pool bus fleet. At what depot houses this reserve fleet? How many buses make up this reserve fleet/pool? How best we describe this  reserved collection of buses?. I am writing captions to buses that have been transferred hire to Coventry from Birmingham and the correct  description/title would be welcome.

Quote from: t.w.moore on April 12, 2018, 04:33:00 PM
I understand all the buses sent to Coventry on hire/loan from Birminham are from the reserved/pool bus fleet. At what depot houses this reserve fleet? How many buses make up this reserve fleet/pool? How best we describe this  reserved collection of buses?. I am writing captions to buses that have been transferred hire to Coventry from Birmingham and the correct  description/title would be welcome.
Buses from the reserve fleet are usually stored at  at Miller Street in Newtown.
The main site shows a few vehicles are stored at other depots WA and WN as well currently.
They're being kept complete, so they can be reinstated if it was needed -

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2014, 08:14:34 AM
Before anyone asks, those vehicles I show as withdrawn are very unlikely to run again, those I show as reserve are being kept complete so if another similar vehicle suffers an incident that would be expensive to repair they can come back into use reasonably quickly. They are not a strategic reserve in the sense that a garage suffering short term availability problems can borrow them for a few days
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on April 12, 2018, 04:33:00 PM

None of the vehicles at Coventry are 'reserve' except 5 of the bendis

fleetline6477

Are buses still stored at the former Lea Hall depot?

D10

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 12, 2018, 08:47:57 PM
Are buses still stored at the former Lea Hall depot?

No, the site isn't used by NX any more.

DJ

Does NX still use that yard close to West Bromwich Bus Station? I remember seeing buses parked in there a lot of the time as a kid, when I'd get the 401/2 up to West Bromwich regularly, but I can't recall anything in recent times.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 12, 2018, 09:12:22 PM
Does NX still use that yard close to West Bromwich Bus Station? I remember seeing buses parked in there a lot of the time as a kid, when I'd get the 401/2 up to West Bromwich regularly, but I can't recall anything in recent times.

It's still in full use as an overflow parking area for the main WB depot, it's empty during the day, full at night.

DJ

Quote from: Winston on April 12, 2018, 09:25:04 PM
It's still in full use as an overflow parking area for the main WB depot, it's empty during the day, full at night.

Ah, that's probably why then, I used to go up there a lot on Sundays, along with coming back home from visiting my Dad's which would also involve changing buses at West Bromwich.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk