News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

This operator already runs service 355 between Worcester and Droitwich but now are moving into the West Midlands having appeared to have won the 147.

PD1022055/2 Registered
KEVS CARS & COACHES LIMITED
Route: Bromsgrove Rail Station to Halesowen Bus Station via Catshill
Service number: 147
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 28 Feb 2018

Picture of one of their Primo's - https://www.facebook.com/CovBusPage/photos/a.690017551170181.1073742311.369276339910972/774771659361436/?type=3&source=54

igogeneral

Hi all, nice to see Kev's on the forum. 147 service starts operating 26 February probably using one of the existing Primo's. The service has been extended to Bromsgrove rail station from Halesowen. Our first service the 355 has been a huge success increasing passenger numbers by over 20% in the first year due I think to service reliability, vehicle reliability and excellent, no brilliant, drivers.  Any question ask away on the forum

Steveminor

Vehicle reliability and primo shouldn't really be in the same paragraph lol.
Good luck with your new service maybe consider extending it to merry hill to provide a long lost link.

igogeneral

Thanks for the good wishes.
We have had two Primos for over 12 months now with no major problems and in a former life I ran several of them and they still appear to be going today. Good vehicles with good passenger comments but like everything it all depends on how you look after them

B61 ANDREW

Have " Clearway" been round to find out how you do so well with the Primo's ??   ;D

sonic84

I'm glad to see the 147 being extended to the railway station.

I always found it off that it only went as far as Catshill and then had a really long layover time. 

Is the route bring kept the same into Halesowen (via Hayley Green)?

igogeneral

The route into Halesowen is to be direct from Romsley into the bus station. This is on direction of the awarding body who I suppose have used the saved time in order to enable the extension into Bromsgrove Rail Station. Do not think this will seen as a disadvantage by regular users who will arrive earlier into the Town Centre, only time will tell.

Trident 4194

Quote from: igogeneral on January 23, 2018, 04:51:38 PM
The route into Halesowen is to be direct from Romsley into the bus station. This is on direction of the awarding body who I suppose have used the saved time in order to enable the extension into Bromsgrove Rail Station. Do not think this will seen as a disadvantage by regular users who will arrive earlier into the Town Centre, only time will tell.

Still going to be every 2 hours?

igogeneral

Every 2 hours yes, timetable attached

sonic84

Quote from: igogeneral on January 23, 2018, 04:51:38 PM

Ah lovely. I'm glad the 147 Will now be running direct between Romsley and Halesowen, and the extension back to Bromsgrove and further to the railway station will restore some previous connections. I hope it is a success!

Trident 4194

Quote from: sonic84 on January 23, 2018, 06:27:21 PM
Ah lovely. I'm glad the 147 Will now be running direct between Romsley and Halesowen, and the extension back to Bromsgrove and further to the railway station will restore some previous connections. I hope it is a success!

Nice to be of some use now it's extended to bromsgrove. Wish it the best success

JPC

This revised service has turned out to be exactly what I thought should of happened two years ago at the time FMR withdrew, hurrah...

Quote from: JPC on March 04, 2016, 07:03:05 PM
a two-hourly service between Bromsgrove Rail Station and Halesowen which, where it combines with 318, will enhance the service between Bromsgrove Rail and Catshill to hourly in the off peak.  I would be surprised if the Romsley area etc. gets anything better.

igogeneral

Due to a clerical problem the wrong timetable was issued. This is now corrected and a new registration sent to T/C. Sorry to confuse but new timetable attached

Kevin

Interesting that the timetable suggests you're going through the Oakalls estate to and from the rail station, does that mean routing via Finstall?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

sonic84

I would imagine it will run in and out of Oakalls via Regents Park Road and then via The Bromsgrove bypass to the railway station.

I just noticed there are no longer any morning peaks from Romsley to Bromsgrove or Halesowen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk