News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WINTER 2017-2018 - Snow Service Updates

Started by Dom, December 08, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

All First Worcester services are suspended for the rest of the day too.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on December 10, 2017, 12:33:32 PM
Still suspended.

Indeed because it was to be reviewed at 12PM. Not that service would resume at 12.

Stuharris 6360

Still suspended at 1pm

According to the NWM website "A further review will take place with West Midlands police to see if it is safe to continue"

Personally I think they should suspend the service for the rest of the day, with no buses ( and cars if people have any sense) on the roads it may help the local councils in getting some of the roads cleared.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

This is 4742 still stuck in Bearwood on the 82 even though the engineers are with the bus with grit & shovels. Anyone who serious thinks it's a good idea to try and run a service needs their head examining

Stu

I can't see things improving as the snow is forecast to continue through to the early hours of tomorrow morning.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2017, 01:38:14 PM
I can't see things improving as the snow is forecast to continue through to the early hours of tomorrow morning.
The snow has become more lighter in the last hour so I think had the bulk of the snow, the problem will be tonight if the sky clears then ice becomes a major hazard

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 10, 2017, 01:44:39 PM
The snow has become more lighter in the last hour so I think had the bulk of the snow, the problem will be tonight if the sky clears then ice becomes a major hazard

Ice will become a major hazard as over the next few days the temperature is not forecast to go above freezing during the day and tonight a low of -3 is forecast for Birmingham and -7 tomorrow night!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 10, 2017, 01:44:39 PM
Here in the north it's all one big blanket of snow. Seeing 4742 stuck in Bearwood reminds me of the video of the ex PE E400's struggling to drive through the snow in Colley Gate on the 9 in 2010.

Quote from: Jack on December 10, 2017, 02:00:17 PM
Here in the north it's all one big blanket of snow. Seeing 4742 stuck in Bearwood reminds me of the video of the ex PE E400's struggling to drive through the snow in Colley Gate on the 9 in 2010.
Yeah, its the same everywhere across the West Midlands, not just in North Birmingham.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

3:30 a final decision will be made.

Trident 4194

What are the likeliness of buses running tommorow?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 10, 2017, 02:29:07 PM
What are the likeliness of buses running tommorow?

Would have thought there may be some sort of service although I doubt that all services will run.

It has been announced that all Birmingham City Council schools will close tomorrow and all associated transport will be cancelled to.

Hopefully the gritters and snow ploughs can get out and at least try to get the main routes a bit clearer.

Stu

Wow, some people are just incredible:
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/939872986424856577

Quote"For those with bus passes paid will we be given any compensation as we couldn't use them today?"

Quote"I hope we're getting some kind of compensation"

:-\

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2017, 04:21:47 PM

I know.

I only wanted to know the likely time of the first update tomorrow as well.

Whoever is answering Nx Twitter said 5am likely.

Spoke to one of my new mates from work on Facebook earlier.

Normally he drives from Ashmore Park to just by Junction 10 Bentley.

He's told me he is starting out at 4am to get in for 6am!

Think I'll check social media when I get up at 530am, as I'm not due in till 8am, but Im hoping the 301/302 & 529 are working at least.

Dont think I'll risk the 2nd Cannock X51 tomorrow.

Last resort, I'll have to walk through Beechdale & Bentley.

Still could be worse, I still could be at Great Bridge!

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2017, 04:21:47 PM

And this one.
"Weve had it worse than this and still your buses were running not seen one bus at all today where i live"
Where have they been today then?

"Unbelievable shame on you nxwestmidands no buses running in a city like Birmingham #thirdworldstuff"
Can't have seen the heavy snow and dangerous roads, that have caused the buses to become suspended then.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk