News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: DJ98 on October 31, 2017, 09:02:27 PM
Yeah, that's true, you can't really tell if it's valid or not when it's completely creased and scrunched up. Are there any extra security features with the new one or is it just the pattern in the background again?

Daysavers will have a word of the day at the top and bottom.

John

Thermal paper. Text is heated on rather than ink so it will never fade like the old ink tickets. The date can not be sctratched out either

Gareth

On the drivers screen, is the number next to Late/Early the time in minutes? If so my 55 this morning was running 97 minutes early! 😂

Westy

Wolves 6759 has the new equipment.

Tony

Pensnett get their first init machines on Monday

DJ

Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2017, 08:15:41 AM
Pensnett get their first initiative machines on Monday

Is the full name for them 'Initiative', or was that auto-correct messing up?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on November 17, 2017, 12:31:44 PM
Is the full name for them 'Initiative', or was that auto-correct messing up?

Auto correct on my phone

mranon

with 2 x tridents being transferred from wn with these new machines, are they loaded with all nxwm info so that a bus could go to work at any garage?

MW

Quote from: mranon on November 17, 2017, 06:04:01 PM
with 2 x tridents being transferred from wn with these new machines, are they loaded with all nxwm info so that a bus could go to work at any garage?

The old ticket machines can work from any garage, never mind the new ones.

I managed to log in to PB33 once by mistake when putting in AG31 into the ticket machine.

Tony

Quote from: MW on November 17, 2017, 09:10:35 PM
The old ticket machines can work from any garage, never mind the new ones.

I managed to log in to PB33 once by mistake when putting in AG31 into the ticket machine.

They can't. They are garage specific, you have to change the keyboard each time a bus is transferred

MW

Quote from: Tony on November 18, 2017, 08:43:03 AM
They can't. They are garage specific, you have to change the keyboard each time a bus is transferred

In that case, I stand corrected lol.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on November 18, 2017, 08:43:03 AM

Correct me if Im wrong but there's no duplicated service numbers within Brum & Solihull is there?

It would only be a problem if the bus transfers to the Black Country & / or Coventry from Brum garages or vice versa or within the Black Country area.

Was there an issue when vehicles transferred under the old numbering system or was that down to memory of the machine?

Tony

For the ticket machines there's no duplicated numbers in the West Midlands.

Yes, init does hold them all

Jack D

46 Birmingham - Perry Barr 46 West Brom - Great Barr

karl724223

So the driver at Perry Barr put in pb46
The driver at west brom puts in wb46
Then the ticket machine knows which one is which  simple

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk