News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

4927 Was on 94 today fitted with a new ticket machine.
A 28 branded bus was on 71 today with new ticket machine fitted also.

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM
4927 Was on 94 today fitted with a new ticket machine.
A 28 branded bus was on 71 today with new ticket machine fitted also.

Do you mean 4279?

Jack D

CL

IIRC these new ticket machines also support contactless payments, yes?

Does this make them compatible with mobile payments then? i.e. Apple Pay/Android Pay
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MasterPlan

I saw one of these on 4801 I think it was.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

John

Quote from: CL on September 29, 2017, 02:06:19 AM
IIRC these new ticket machines also support contactless payments, yes?

Does this make them compatible with mobile payments then? i.e. Apple Pay/Android Pay

I don't think it is set up yet, but yes they will accept contactless. No idea about mobile pay

DJ

Quote from: John on September 29, 2017, 08:59:30 AM
I don't think it is set up yet, but yes they will accept contactless. No idea about mobile pay

Even if it's not officially supported, Apple and Android Pay can work with regular contactless readers too. It's not guaranteed though, but I remember someone in the US using his iPhone on a regular contactless machine and it working.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Kevin

Contactless is contactless, surely?
Doesn't matter whether it's a bank card or mobile phone or magic wand, if there's a chip for it it should work

(you think I'm jesting with the "magic wand", there's a video somewhere of someone who took the chip out of their Oyster Card and made a real life wand - brilliant)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DJ

Quote from: Kevin on September 29, 2017, 06:09:35 PM
Contactless is contactless, surely?
Doesn't matter whether it's a bank card or mobile phone or magic wand, if there's a chip for it it should work

(you think I'm jesting with the "magic wand", there's a video somewhere of someone who took the chip out of their Oyster Card and made a real life wand - brilliant)

I'm guessing that there's some proprietary stuff going on with Apple Pay, and maybe Android too, since I know that it doesn't actually share any of your personal details like a regular contactless transaction does. Some readers may not support that, but who knows, I'm no expert.

I'd love to see that magic wand, could try to convert my mates one that he got from the Harry Potter place in London!  ;D

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

1866 and 4283 both have the new ticket machine.

Jack D

It must be Perry Bar getting them all first. Maybe?

Jack

Quote from: Jack D on September 30, 2017, 06:00:45 PM
Coventry had them first.

Dom

Quote from: Jack D on September 30, 2017, 06:00:45 PM

No, Coventry received them first.

John

Really like these new machines. So quick at reading passes and the tickets are a vast improvement. You can see them when they are quickly flashed at you with the changing word of the day and the date in 2 places. Still find it strange not to have to change the fare stages. Some are playing up a bit I've heard but expected with teething troubles

Can also finally see the cash chute properly in a Gemini now!

Jack

Quote from: John on October 13, 2017, 09:37:06 PM
Really like these new machines. So quick at reading passes and the tickets are a vast improvement. You can see them when they are quickly flashed at you with the changing word of the day and the date in 2 places. Still find it strange not to have to change the fare stages. Some are playing up a bit I've heard but expected with teething troubles

Can also finally see the cash chute properly in a Gemini now!
They are really good. The tickets are a huge improvement, actually can see the fonts. Only thing that isn't good is some drivers don't know how to use the new wayfarer properly. It took about 5 minutes for a driver to issue the £1 promo Daysaver as they didn't know what to do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk