News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hybrid buses

Started by Sandy Lane, January 29, 2017, 09:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Arriva has ordered a new fleet of 174 Volvo B5LH chassis with Wrightbus bodywork hybrid diesel electric low emission vehicles for London and Merseyside. Low exhaust emissions are the message.

I wonder when the Midlands will ever see such delights?

Dylanbusboy45

Here's a link to this:
http://www.busandcoach.com/news/articles/2017/substantial-investment-in-volvo-hybrids-by-arriva/

Merseyside are getting 51 and London the rest (123). Merseyside have already got about 30 of there's which are in use on Merseyrail rail replacements with deliveries ongoing for the rest. The London ones are also currently being delivered but none have entered service yet.

The only place I can see Midlands ever getting hybrids like these is Leicester as they have most of the double deckers in the Midlands fleet and that is where most of the investment into Arriva Midlands goes to

Westy

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 29, 2017, 09:41:50 AM
Arriva has ordered a new fleet of 174 Volvo B5LH chassis with Wrightbus bodywork hybrid diesel electric low emission vehicles for London and Merseyside. Low exhaust emissions are the message.

I wonder when the Midlands will ever see such delights?

15 years down the line, when they have 5 more years to do at least!

Bob

Cannock deffo won't get any lol

Pete50492

Quote from: Bob on January 29, 2017, 04:53:10 PM
Cannock deffo won't get any lol

Oh I dunno!...Cannock get say 10 to convert the Pye Greens & the 74/75... two of them are displayed in Cannock Market Place with big block letters saying "New Buses" accompanied by various Arriva staff in their best uniforms & various Arriva managers & Civic dignitaries blathering on about investment in Cannock. A few weeks later two get sent to Tamworth, then after a few months the Arriva management get cold feet completely, decide Leicester need them more than we do and in their place we get a pageant of battered old Lowlanders & a couple of S reg ALX400s that even Wednesfield don't want!

Sandy Lane

So Arrivas polluting buses will be here for some time to come.
Most unjust

Bob

Quote from: Pete50492 on January 30, 2017, 07:37:57 AM
Oh I dunno!...Cannock get say 10 to convert the Pye Greens & the 74/75... two of them are displayed in Cannock Market Place with big block letters saying "New Buses" accompanied by various Arriva staff in their best uniforms & various Arriva managers & Civic dignitaries blathering on about investment in Cannock. A few weeks later two get sent to Tamworth, then after a few months the Arriva management get cold feet completely, decide Leicester need them more than we do and in their place we get a pageant of battered old Lowlanders & a couple of S reg ALX400s that even Wednesfield don't want!

That's about Cannock in a nutshell lol

Dennis

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 30, 2017, 12:16:54 PM
So Arrivas polluting buses will be here for some time to come.
Most unjust

They bought 35 Enviro 400 MMCs with stop/start engines last year and fitted SCR exhausts onto another 32 DAF DB250s making them Euro 5.

I'd hardly describe them as polluting, and certainly no more so than any other operator's vehicles.

tphi12000

North West are in the process of receiving the Southern Counties B5LHs of which KX13AVJ was noted heading north through the west midlands this afternoon.
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk