News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Group New Vehicle Order 2016/17

Started by winston, April 27, 2016, 10:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

New vehicle order:

http://www.firstgroupplc.com/news-and-media/latest-news/2016/27-04-16.aspx

10 x ADL/Volvo Plaxton (ADL) body / B11R (Volvo) chassis coaches
71 x ADL Enviro 200 MMC single decker
80 x ADL Enviro 400 MMC double decker
8 x ADL Enviro 400 MMC Gyro double decker
45 x ADL Enviro 400 double decker (exact spec to be confirmed)   
71 x Wrightbus StreetDeck double decker
20 x Wrightbus StreetLite Max single decker

Total 305

T840MAK

Rather surprised at the split of the makeup of the order tbh...
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

markcf83

All of the Streetlites are for South Yorkshire. A good number of the double decks are for Bristol and 35 are for Leeds.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on April 27, 2016, 05:17:30 PM
All of the Streetlites are for South Yorkshire. A good number of the double decks are for Bristol and 35 are for Leeds.

The 45 x E400MMC (spec t.b.c) I believe are part of First Bristol's gas bus bid
30 x E400MMC are also due for Kernow

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on April 27, 2016, 05:25:20 PM
The 45 x E400MMC (spec t.b.c) I believe are part of First Bristol's gas bus bid
30 x E400MMC are also due for Kernow

Would be nice if First Kernow gets some new single deckers too. The double deckers apart from the uni e400s they are pretty much ready for the scrap heap. When i lived down there between 07 and 12 the newest buses they had were the wright eclipses that came down from the north.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on April 27, 2016, 05:57:34 PM
Would be nice if First Kernow gets some new single deckers too. The double deckers apart from the uni e400s they are pretty much ready for the scrap heap. When i lived down there between 07 and 12 the newest buses they had were the wright eclipses that came down from the north.

Kernow have done very well to get 30 x brand new deckers, it's highly unlikely that they'll get new single deckers as well. I doubt there will be many buses available to cascade around either with fewer new buses ordered this year

Roy

Quote from: Winston on April 27, 2016, 06:08:15 PM
Kernow have done very well to get 30 x brand new deckers, it's highly unlikely that they'll get new single deckers as well. I doubt there will be many buses available to cascade around either with fewer new buses ordered this year
The Kernow buses have started to arrive.  33477 was in Falmouth last week for driver training and is in two-tone blue livery for services U1 and U2 (Falmouth - Truro/Redruth via the University).
First West of England also have 20 in service - 12 in Bristol for Park and Ride and 8 in Bath for University services.  6 of the Bristol examples are in two-tone green for Portway Park and Ride, 5 are in two-tone blue for Brislington Park and Ride and the other is black and grey for "Bristol" Park and Ride (i.e. for use on either service).

markcf83

Quote from: Roy on October 25, 2016, 10:12:59 PM
The Kernow buses have started to arrive.  33477 was in Falmouth last week for driver training and is in two-tone blue livery for services U1 and U2 (Falmouth - Truro/Redruth via the University).

Seen on another website that Bristol is expecting some Enviros from Camborne,presumably the one time Olympic shuttle buses.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Roy

Quote from: markcf83 on October 25, 2016, 10:38:31 PM
Seen on another website that Bristol is expecting some Enviros from Camborne,presumably the one time Olympic shuttle buses.
This is a possibility.  The only Enviros in Cornwall are 10 12-reg and 3 08-reg examples mostly used on the U1 and U2.  Having travelled on First Kernow in the Newquay area last week, I feel that these Enviros should be retained in Cornwall as the double deckers I caught (apart two on the U1) were a disgrace.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Roy on October 26, 2016, 11:45:51 AM
This is a possibility.  The only Enviros in Cornwall are 10 12-reg and 3 08-reg examples mostly used on the U1 and U2.  Having travelled on First Kernow in the Newquay area last week, I feel that these Enviros should be retained in Cornwall as the double deckers I caught (apart two on the U1) were a disgrace.

Bristol Hengrove expecting all of Cornwall's current E400's plus 20 more MMC's

Roy

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 26, 2016, 02:02:51 PM
Bristol Hengrove expecting all of Cornwall's current E400's plus 20 more MMC's

The Kernow E400s have started to arrive at First West of England.  In addition, the 20 new E400MMCs have started arriving in Bristol but are at Lawrence Hill for services 48, 48A and 49 rather than at Hengrove.  They are branded for these routes with blue fronts.  It would seem that the bid by First for funding for gas buses has failed as these are conventional Euro6 buses and not the Scania N280UD CNGs expected.  These buses are replacing Wrights bodied Volvo B9TLs and Transbus ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TLs on these routes.   This batch does not seem to have consecutive fleet numbers as I caught brand new 33790 and 33928 on services 48A and 49 this afternoon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk