News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bham Ext final countdown

Started by wembley86, April 02, 2016, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

I see that trams arriving at Bull Street now are unloading then continuing out of service to Navigation Street.  They then return out of service to Bull Street and pick up passengers for Wolverhampton as normal.

A Midland Metro member of staff in Bull Street told me that this will continue until the extension opens on Monday.

T840MAK

Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Tony

Ozzie Osborne due in Corporation Street any time now to name a tram after himself

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2016, 11:03:18 AM
Ozzie Osborne due in Corporation Street any time now to name a tram after himself
Will any other trams be named?
Tony

Bryan

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2016, 11:03:18 AM

In my opinion very sad. How much was he paid for this?

uniquicity

Well it works.

Higher frequency would have been nicer today. Lots of people trying it out it seems and very busy.

Trams not stopping at Snow Hill yet but people waiting there so communication failure

Squiz1971

Saw Ozzy Osbourne (37) leaving new Street & later 26 I think arriving down at New Street both looking very busy despite it being Bank Holiday Monday. Nice finally seeing trams on the tracks at last

mikestone

Alledgedly there is a message on twitter saying Snow Hill is open - on my outward trip yesterday it was announced, but we didn't stop in either direction.
;

uniquicity

Quote from: mikestone on May 31, 2016, 05:57:36 PM
Alledgedly there is a message on twitter saying Snow Hill is open - on my outward trip yesterday it was announced, but we didn't stop in either direction.
;

It is open now. Didn't stop there this morning peak

wembley86

I wonder how many passengers will actually get on/off at snow hill.    as only a hand full got of on coporation st this morning peak that was the 6:53 tram

BK63 YWP

Quote from: wembley86 on May 31, 2016, 09:52:12 PM
I wonder how many passengers will actually get on/off at snow hill.    as only a hand full got of on coporation st this morning peak that was the 6:53 tram

Has a second platform appeared for the corporation Street?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stevo

There is a platform in the inbound direction but with no shelter or equipment.

Stuharris 6360

With 3301 pulling a sickie, thought instead I would try the new extension on the tramway.

I know it is probably still early days, but people don't really seem to be grasping that trams are running on streets in Birmingham. Lorries parked on the track, cars driving along Stephenson Street, people just walking in front of the tram.

Also the destinations on the Front of the tram were very basic, ie: just Birmingham & Wolverhampton. Tbh, especially at the Birmingham end, surely it could show Birmingham Grand Central.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 16, 2016, 09:47:24 PM
With 3301 pulling a sickie, thought instead I would try the new extension on the tramway.

I know it is probably still early days, but people don't really seem to be grasping that trams are running on streets in Birmingham. Lorries parked on the track, cars driving along Stephenson Street, people just walking in front of the tram.

Also the destinations on the Front of the tram were very basic, ie: just Birmingham & Wolverhampton. Tbh, especially at the Birmingham end, surely it could show Birmingham Grand Central.

There's no actual short journeys that run as far as Snow Hill / Bull Street is there?

T840MAK

I love this. People complain when a tram shows something like "B Bull Street" and "W St Georges", and they complain when it says "Birmingham" or "Wolverhampton".

Birmingham Grand Central is a long name. Probably just doesn't fit on the destination - at least it says where its going clearer than it did before.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk