News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Stevo on December 02, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
The T69s were never very reliable when maintained at Wednesbury. Having stood out of use for some time I'd have thought they're only good for scrap. Some of them haven't run for years, like 01 and 02. It would be good if WMCA would donate a complete one to Crich.

Would be good perhaps, yes, but whether Crich would want it is a different matter
I do sense a sort of aversion to "modern heritage" in the preservation world, the sad demise of the Electric Railway Museum in Cov and the lack of prospect for a lot of the stock perhaps an example, majority focus being on steam and diesel.
I'm grateful at least for people that have the foresight to preserve some of the low floor generation of buses being withdrawn these days
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

FULL Midland Metro operation is in operation again from tomorrow morning. A couple of days ahead of schedule.

mikestone

Appeared to be running through but empty from Priestfield yesterday.

broma1k

That's how they have been testing.In service to Priestfield then empty to Wolverhampton & back return to service at Priestfield

Stevo

I rode today on the new section. Funny thing was, the extra 79Es were still running.

mikestone

Since they are registered journeys there isn't much option.
;

The tram is only operating between Wolverhampton, St Georges and Handsworth Booth Street only due to a police incident at Winson Green.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on December 08, 2017, 09:41:57 PM
Since they are registered journeys there isn't much option.
;

I suppose they came in handy in case there was still an issue.

Jack D

Yes Trams are Wolverhampton - Handsworth due to a car being on the line.

Stu

I was in the city centre earlier, and despite the notices on the displays, incredibly there were still people waiting at the Corporation St stop.  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

Trams are now operating between Grand Central and Wolverhampton but please expect some delay.info on Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Jack D on December 17, 2017, 02:28:12 PM
Yes Trams are Wolverhampton - Handsworth due to a car being on the line.

Some sort of 4x4 on the grassy bit next to Snow Hill according to a bloke on the tram earlier, not sure how reliable that is though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Solo1

Quote from: DJ98 on December 17, 2017, 06:39:52 PM
Some sort of 4x4 on the grassy bit next to Snow Hill according to a bloke on the tram earlier, not sure how reliable that is though.
that happened before cantvrhey see the tracks

Quote from: Solo1 on December 18, 2017, 08:23:21 PM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/woman-arrested-after-range-rover-14054326
I wander what she was dong to end up there and how she managed to end up there (Perhaps a stolen car as one of the comments on the article suggest). I wander where she'd have joined the tracks, Colmore Circus Queensway in the City Centre?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk