News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: ntw456 on February 04, 2018, 09:19:06 PM
They don't take over yet?

They don't take over until the 25th of February...

Trident 4194

There drivers are extremely happy. Not

the trainbasher

Do people think Diamond will scrap the free WiFi on the central buses vehicles that have it fitted

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 05, 2018, 01:01:45 PM
Do people think Diamond will scrap the free WiFi on the central buses vehicles that have it fitted

Have any of them got leather seats?

Solo1

74a just left Dudley was one of diamonds new solo sr's

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on February 05, 2018, 01:14:49 PM
Have any of them got leather seats?

You thinking potential signature buses?

Straightlines

Trident 4194

Quote from a driver" it won't take them long to mess up this bus with their mechanics". Did make me chuckle

BK63 YWP

With the acquisition of central buses the three main operators of the West Midlands is 1. NX 2. Diamond and 3. Igo. I have a feeling Igo will soon merge with diamond
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Chris on February 05, 2018, 08:22:43 PM
With the acquisition of central buses the three main operators of the West Midlands is 1. NX 2. Diamond and 3. Igo. I have a feeling Igo will soon merge with diamond

Funny you say that the driver of central buses thought they had brought igo too.

MW

Quote from: Chris on February 05, 2018, 08:22:43 PM

What's changed then? 1, 2 & 3 were the same before Central Buses was acquired.

Don't forget De Courcey. They're bigger than Central.

Quote from: MW on February 05, 2018, 09:25:08 PM
What's changed then? 1, 2 & 3 were the same before Central Buses was acquired.

Don't forget De Courcey. They're bigger than Central.
And Stagecoach.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Surely its got to come to a point where Diamond cannot acquire any more companies due to the Monopolies & Mergers thing?

Or are we a long way off that yet?

I believe Nx cannot 'grow' the same way for the same reason!

winston

Quote from: Westy on February 05, 2018, 09:45:02 PM
Surely its got to come to a point where Diamond cannot acquire any more companies due to the Monopolies & Mergers thing?

Or are we a long way off that yet?

I believe Nx cannot 'grow' the same way for the same reason!

With NX running approx 75% of all WM bus services, I very much doubt there would be any restriction on Rotala if they were to continue to mop up WM independents. However, I have thought NX might try & put a stop to it before OFT investigation.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 05, 2018, 10:50:13 AM
There drivers are extremely happy. Not

A significant number of Central drivers have previously worked for Pete's or Diamond and are now back where they started.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk