News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

Controversially, the 360 routes will no longer serve the (temporary replacement to the) main campus bus stop at the university from Monday 30th, but will serve a new stop on the still-unfinished Academic Loop road, and will operate in both directions on the northerly part of the campus loop.
The W1c will operate in the opposite direction around the campus loop.
There will be some small changes again when the mini bus station is finished this autumn.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/kcm/do/buses_coaches

PS I wonder if a general thread for de Courcey would be a good way forwards, for little items of news like this.

Valandil

To start this thread, I just thought I would mention that there were two electric Versas on the 85 today.
It is a wonder that the timetable is such that they can stay on the 85 without drifting off to do any 585(a/b) journeys, even in the peaks, so this arrangement would seem to work well.

winston

PD0000116/40 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Coventry Pool Meadow bus station and Rugby, Clifton Road given service number 585/85 effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0000116/160 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Coventry, Hinckley Road and Coventry, Terry Road given service number N effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Timetable.

JPC

Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 01:05:43 PM
PD0000116/40 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Coventry Pool Meadow bus station and Rugby, Clifton Road given service number 585/85 effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Warkwickshire Council confirms the 585 is to run via Sky Blue Way instead of Far Gosford Street in Coventry, I imagine the 85 will do the same.

Ben

Does anybody know why the 585 (and potentially 85) will no longer serve Far Gosford Street?
Is it purely an attempt to reduce journey time, and in doing o make their service look more attractive over a longer distance.

Is an X585 on the cards? (I asked rhetorically, I don't think this is likely).

Valandil

Quote from: JPC on July 21, 2014, 06:20:42 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 11, 2014, 01:05:43 PM

Warkwickshire Council confirms the 585 is to run via Sky Blue Way instead of Far Gosford Street in Coventry, I imagine the 85 will do the same.

This is quite odd because the one time I caught the 85 it did travel by Sky Blue Way instead of Far Gosford Street (one of very few differences between the 85 and 9(A) between the city centre and hospital).
The map on the Network West Midlands website also seems to suggest that it already takes this route.

JoNi

I've just squeezed up Far Gosford Street through lines of legally parked cars. Nobody got on or off at either stop on that journey.

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

bwsau cymru

I believe MD29 has left I don't know how long from from Miller street.
campaigning for better transport for all

Ex BC driver

Quote from: bwsau cymru on February 01, 2015, 09:47:47 PM
I believe MD29 has left I don't know how long from from Miller street.

Now based at NEC depot for use on JLR contract

stuartn

Do DeCourcey still have the X6 branded tempo CV07 COV?
I've not seen it for some time.

MrBevan2000

Just sighted this Citaro at Miller Street.

MrBevan2000

Just went back and got invited in by staff. They bought it out for me to photograph and were very friendly. The Citaro has now gone back to the NEC.

JackC

560 sitting in the yard at work (MAN dealer in Tipton) missing a rather vital part   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk