News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Mechanics Hut ~ Forum Testing

Started by Liverpool Street, May 14, 2014, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Liam on March 31, 2015, 06:31:16 PM
Testing out the Super X function... (Button with [M<-M] on it above message box

28 Willenhall
via Fallings Park, Wood End & Ashmore Park

It's not a 'Super-X' function, it's a 'move' or 'marquee' BBcode style. It's actually pretty annoying, glad most people choose not to use it (not just here but on other forums that use BBCode)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Liam on April 02, 2015, 04:59:16 PM
@Stu

Sorry to be a bit of an annoyance to you, I just couldn't think of what it was called. It also looked like a Super-X display as well.

It's ok, I wasn't referring to yourself as being annoying!  ;)

Super-X is a sign control language used by Hanover displays - it doesn't refer to anything in particular that scrolls elsewhere. From the HELEN software manual (for programming Hanover displays):

Quote4.4 Super-X
Hanover Displays' new Sign Control Language

4.4.1 What is Super-X?
Super-X is a "language‟ which allows the user to insert commands into the message which tell the
sign  how  the  message  should  be  displayed  (a  similar  method  is  used  for  controlling  advertising
signs which has come to be known as Basic-X). The exact form and content of these commands is
what defines Super-X.

4.4.2 Why use Super-X?
At present, information can be displayed on a sign by either sending a text message, which is then
converted,  to  graphics  by  the  sign,  or  by  composing  the  image  and  then  sending  it  as  graphic
message. Helen can use both methods but primarily uses the graphics system. Whilst each method
has its advantages and disadvantages, neither can scroll messages across the display. Super-X has
been designed to address this issue.

4.4.3 Super-X Feature Summary
Up to four fields
Independent scrolling of fields
Left and right scrolling
Text justification in field
10 preset field layouts
Programmable Route Number
Embedded graphics
Route Number position selection
Automatic text sizing
Adjustable Route Number field width

Hope that clears that up for you!
My locals:

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tara4352

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on April 07, 2015, 08:39:13 PM
@Stuharris 6360 when you mentioned me earlier it worked.

Seems to be temperamental @Matt as your mention to me worked, yet when i tried it to myself it didn't and somebody mentioned me earlier and it didn't work!

Trident 4609

Liverpool Street

Automatic de-bugging probably caused an issue with mentions.

All should now be fixed.

@Tony @Winston
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liam on May 10, 2015, 10:23:39 AM
Hey,
    Lots of you have a picture in your signature... How do I put one in mine?

Read my signature by the way

First of all you'll need an image hosted on the internet, then you need the URL of that image.

Then in the box where you enter your signature, you have to use BBCode to show the image, like so:

[img]http://somewebsite.co.uk/yourimagefilename.jpg[/img]

Try not to have too big an image in your signature, otherwise it 'overwhelms' your posts. (my personal advice, I'm not playing moderator here!)

My locals:

Liverpool Street

Yeah there's some maximum size we permit somewhere

I think its roughly 600x150
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

LiamthebusGuy

What about one you photo shopped straight from your computer.

NXWM Spectra

@Liam

Upload it to TinyPic or ImageShack, or even Flickr if you already use that. Then follow instructions depending what website you use. I know that with Flickr it's easy to put it into BB Code. Note if you copy and paste from the address bar into @Stu 's code, if won't work.

LiamthebusGuy

Trident 4609

@Matt the [1] Profile mention 'thingy' doesn't work

Liverpool Street

until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk