News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Virgin Trains

Started by Christopher, February 20, 2014, 10:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Virgin cancels all services on West Coast next Monday & Tuesday due to strike!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32812606
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

To quote a Mr J Clarkson...

How dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 20, 2015, 07:17:56 PM
To quote a Mr J Clarkson...

How dare they go on strike when they've got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?

All unions have now cancelled the strike and services will operate as normal.

and as for Mr J Clarkson he would still have a BBC pension if he hadn't........ well we all know that story!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Thanks to Virgin Trains being very generous with compensation at the moment, I treated myself to a First Class ticket to Lomdon on Friday and boy was it a good day out.

Caught the 05:34 from Sandwell & Dudley and was greeted by a young lady asking if i wanted tea or coffee. The breakfast was absolutely superb, and on the return journey Sandwiches, crisps, nuts, cakes fruit and lager. Brilliant day, only problem was the return journey was a Voyager  but we were still 5 early into Coventry and 4 early into Sandwell & Dudley.

Would rthoroughly recommend it!

JoNi

mikestone

But only so they can close the booking office and make passengers buying tickets for the next train queue behind two people buying railcards and somebody who needs to have ten ticketing options explained twice.

JoNi

Is Stafford the only station which still has Virgin trains Gold, Orange and Purple zones on platforms?

Trident 4194

Am I right in saying it's unusual to see a pendolino doing EUS to Edingburgh, when the train before was a voyager doing EUS to BHM?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 26, 2017, 08:13:25 PM
Am I right in saying it's unusual to see a pendolino doing EUS to Edingburgh, when the train before was a voyager doing EUS to BHM?

No, you are not right.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 26, 2017, 08:14:15 PM
No, you are not right.

Thanks for the response much appreciated

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 26, 2017, 08:24:20 PM
Thanks for the response much appreciated

For quite a while now, the service has been EUS to EDB via BHM, SAD & WVH although I understand that the SAD stop is now being considered to be withdrawn to allow faster journey times, although I have used the SAD stop numerous times and I always find it well used.

markcf83

When I was in Birmingham recently and travelled to London on the Friday night,the train I caught was from Edinburgh and was a 11 car Pendelino.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on July 27, 2017, 03:36:04 PM
When I was in Birmingham recently and travelled to London on the Friday night,the train I caught was from Edinburgh and was a 11 car Pendelino.

The London to Glasgow and Edinburghs via Birmngham are a mix of Pendolinos and 10 car Voyagers. There are a few Birminghams booked 5 car voyage, so nothing unusual with the sighting. There are also the Euston-Shrewsburys, some of which start off as a 10 car voyager, dropping 5 off at New Street, or Southbound joining onto 5. The 16:30 from Birmingham is like that

mikestone

On Mondays to Fridays the 11.43 Euston-Glasgow is a single voyager, as is the 12.43 Monday to Thursday, while the 16.43 is only a pair to New St.
In the opposite direction the 05.50 from Glasgow attaches at Wolves and the 10.00 is a single set throughout.

Trident 4194

The voyager I saw was the 15:33 from International to New Street

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk