News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Stafford Services

Started by C K / S I, February 17, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

The B6s in Telford have been knackered for ages - it's about time they withdraw them! Can barely get up a hill!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Quote from: staffsdave on August 16, 2014, 06:50:00 PM
2282 has just had its MOT and will be withdrawn before the end of the year as will 2284/2287/2232/2233.

Hopefully cannocks bu51 kwj/k/l/m//n will be on the hit list shortly after!  Absolute junk

Cheese

B6LE 2639 is on the 12 today, was this a Telford one?

tphi12000

Quote from: Cheese on October 15, 2014, 11:10:56 AM
B6LE 2639 is on the 12 today, was this a Telford one?
yes was with Telford  , has also had short stint at Wardle's , I noted it first thing this morning on its way to take up the 837 at Churchbridge.
Tony

winston

PD0000478/409 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Stafford, Gaol Square
    Finish Point: Lichfield Bus Station
    Via: Milford, Rugeley, Brereton
    Service Number: X25
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 13-DEC-2014
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday

Westy

Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2014, 05:06:34 PM
PD0000478/409 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Stafford, Gaol Square
    Finish Point: Lichfield Bus Station
    Via: Milford, Rugeley, Brereton
    Service Number: X25
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 13-DEC-2014
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday

Didnt there used to be an X25 years ago?

Bob

Will this not be done by cannock garage?

Bob

The X25 should do quite well. If I recall correctly it was got rid of 9 yrs ago at the same time as the new darts were put on the 825, coupled with its frequency increase to half hourly and it being curtailed to run stafford to lichfield only.

Bob

Ah yea the podless nationals. ...are you 100% sure about the X25 though? I remember when the darts (stupid buses to put on a route that long and a lot of the time substituted with a R-TJW example which were even less equipped for interurban trips) were launched there was a press release about the increase in frequency to half hourly which mentioned x25 journeys finishing

Bob

Maybe it was just that peak trip you mentioned that would have still been running.  To be fair wouldn't it make sense to link a new x25 with the x65

Bob

Do you think this new X25 will be a hit? I think it could be but Arriva would need to get their act together with promoting it.

Alex

Why do i have a feeling, that this is going to end up like the X31
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Bob

Come on though Andy whoever decided to run an hourly service down the most congested piece of motorway In the Midlands must have been having a laugh.  The X31 was frequently very late and at an hourly frequency that was disastrous.  Agree with you about it being very well used at times though.  Pity 95 percent of passengers were pensioners

Cheese

DAF SB120 Wright 2701 has just been noted on the 8/10 in Stafford, just seen heading along South Walls towards Parkside.

Bob

Still branded for cannock to walsall looking awful no doubt?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk