News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Yea considering kings oak was set just outside brum there weren't many west midlands or brummie accents in it lol that goes for both the original and later series. Anyone remember a character called mavis hooper from the original inthe early 80s? TTerrible attempt at a dodgy brummie accent lol

Dylan4579

Brum had loads of metros

Lukeee

Midland Riders Ikarus appeared on an episode of Top Gear a few years ago. 

Trident 4609

Eastenders has featured Routemasters and most recently a Plaxton Primo

Another one from when i was little was bulgie and bertie buses on Thomas the tank engine.

P419 EJW

I remember watching the ITV News, a female reporter was reporting about something outside the Grand Theatre. I saw a Walsall B6 drove past, I was a bit sad to rewind and try to decipher which bus fleet number was it and I knew it was 333, because only Walsall B6s used to go down that road. It was S648 VOA, on 333.

John

Quote from: Lukeee on December 27, 2013, 10:49:52 PM

Passing the old Jensen factory in Carters Green, West Brom

nitromatt1

I have no interest in this thread, but think it should be limited to West Mids buses only, otherwise, otherwise there's really an infinite number of bus sightings on TV...

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on December 28, 2013, 10:01:19 AM
I have no interest in this thread, but think it should be limited to West Mids buses only, otherwise, otherwise there's really an infinite number of bus sightings on TV...

If you have no interest don't post then...

nitromatt1

Quote from: Nathan on December 28, 2013, 12:37:26 PM
I have no interest in this thread, but think it should be limited to West Mids buses only, otherwise there's really an infinite number of bus sightings on TV...

Try again... does anyone have any constructive feedback? If this thread is to continue (it's clutching at straws a little), I recommend it should be West Mids related sightings only.

Tony

Quote from: Matt on December 28, 2013, 01:57:01 PM
I have no interest in this thread, but think it should be limited to West Mids buses only, otherwise there's really an infinite number of bus sightings on TV...

Try again... does anyone have any constructive feedback? If this thread is to continue (it's clutching at straws a little), I recommend it should be West Mids related sightings only.

Just ignore the thread if you don't like it (mark it as read without reading it). As far as I knew LS was the only other moderator

j789

I remember a brum episode with a Fleetline going past on Broad Street. I am also pretty sure on the same episode 1956 could be seen on the other side probably on the 103 route when at Quinton.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2013, 02:09:22 PM

Just ignore the thread if you don't like it (mark it as read without reading it). As far as I knew LS was the only other moderator

So did I...

--

Tony, do you remember that B7 when the BBC were filming regarding the bus lane cameras not long back?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 28, 2013, 06:25:10 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2013, 02:09:22 PM

So did I...

--

Tony, do you remember that B7 when the BBC were filming regarding the bus lane cameras not long back?

Several years ago I filmed a travelcard advert driving an empty Metrobus around the 52 (now 952) loop at the terminus. The magic of television meant there was passengers on when the advert was finished.

Lukeee

Quote from: John on December 28, 2013, 09:25:42 AM
Quote from: Lukeee on December 27, 2013, 10:49:52 PM

Passing the old Jensen factory in Carters Green, West Brom

That's the one

Ex BC driver

BBC program called Toughest Place To Be A Bus Driver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk