News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NBFL (Borismasters)

Started by Tony, November 01, 2013, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

One of the other projects I have set myself is to try and get a photo of every NBFL.

I've got 56 of them so far!
http://wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/NBFL/NBFL.html

Liverpool Street

I didn't realise there was that many..
Any interior shots?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 01, 2013, 10:05:37 PM
I didn't realise there was that many..
Any interior shots?

94 in service so far

Tony

You will also notice I had my camera set on some very eccentric settings for photos like this one where I was still taking photographs of moving vehicles when it was fully dark
http://wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/NBFL/LT69.html
Not something you will manage to do with most pocket cameras!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on November 01, 2013, 10:29:01 PM
You will also notice I had my camera set on some very eccentric settings for photos like this one where I was still taking photographs of moving vehicles when it was fully dark
http://wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/NBFL/LT69.html
Not something you will manage to do with most pocket cameras!

Slightly 'noisey' photo, but excellent quality nonetheless! Much better then point and shoot.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

NXWM Spectra

How do I access these from the homepage?

I really like the photo of LT69.

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on November 01, 2013, 10:36:26 PM

There is a link in the bottom right corner of the latest photos section. When I get chance to do a full update of all links, it takes an hour from when I start running it now with so many pages, it will be via  'vehicles from outside the Midlands' link at the bottom of the index page. That probably won't work until Sunday night though.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Tony on November 01, 2013, 10:47:19 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on November 01, 2013, 10:36:26 PM

There is a link in the bottom right corner of the latest photos section. When I get chance to do a full update of all links, it takes an hour from when I start running it now with so many pages, it will be via  'vehicles from outside the Midlands' link at the bottom of the index page. That probably won't work until Sunday night though.

Ok, didn't realise it took so long.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Are the adverts backlighted? If so they look fantastic! In a minority I think but I'm a fan of the Borismasters

Kevin

First thought they were hideous but having been down to London a few times recently I have to say I think they're growing on me. Haven't actually had cause to go on one yet, so potentially...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

production is at a pace now, so far routes 24, 11 & 9 have been fully converted with the 390 to follow in a couple of weeks followed by 148 in February.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Yeah but will these be kept for years and years or shifted off like older tridents? Is there an age limit for London buses and will NB4L be subject to it?
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 02, 2013, 07:41:36 PM
Yeah but will these be kept for years and years or shifted off like older tridents? Is there an age limit for London buses and will NB4L be subject to it?

As far as i am aware, there is no age limit, Arriva certainly have some older buses DLA206 (W437WGJ) is in use today on the 159 & other operators have vehicles of 10 years old.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 02, 2013, 07:46:15 PM

As far as i am aware, there is no age limit, Arriva certainly have some older buses DLA206 (W437WGJ) is in use today on the 159 & other operators have vehicles of 10 years old.

Then I have been informed wrongly! Thanks Stu.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 02, 2013, 07:48:21 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 02, 2013, 07:46:15 PM

Then I have been informed wrongly! Thanks Stu.

I Think Tfl are supposed to keep an eye on the age of the buses in London, but it seems quite common for older vehicles to be on the road, over the last few years quite a number of Hybrid buses have appeared on the London streets, but routes like the 8 (10 - 12 year old vehicles ) operated by Stagecoach & 137 & 159 (10 years old & above) operated by Arriva London still exist.

It depends on how long the contract is for on the route, and new contracts are often awarded on the proviso that new buses are ordered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk