News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Dear Simon,

Just wondered, with Diamond introducing contactless payment, whether you were planning to go cashless at anytime in the future.

Kind regards

Stu
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Simon Dunn

No there isn't any plan to re-introduce the service

Simon Dunn

As things stand, there is a large proportion of the population that can't get contactless cards.  So no, there isn't any plan to take cash completely off bus

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 04, 2017, 09:48:40 AM
As things stand, there is a large proportion of the population that can't get contactless cards.  So no, there isn't any plan to take cash completely off bus

That's good to hear, as there's a large proportion of the population that doesn't WANT contactless cards.

markcf83

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on June 07, 2017, 11:23:53 AM
That's good to hear, as there's a large proportion of the population that doesn't WANT contactless cards.

....myself among them. They're a financial time bomb just waiting for somebody with a match in their hand.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 04, 2017, 09:48:40 AM

Thank you Simon, hope NX take notice of it!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wulfrun

Hi Simon -  with the welcome investment in new ticket machines, do you happen to know when Diamond services will start to appear in real-time on TfWM boards and app?

It's frustrating not being able to track the progress of your services, especially when buses are late.

I do hope real-time will be available soon.
"Forward in Unity"

Kevin

Quote from: wulfrun on June 26, 2017, 01:15:09 AM
It's frustrating not being able to track the progress of your services, especially when buses are late.

Not saying that Diamond are regularly late but when you can't rely on the first bus of the day (Perry Barr/Aston 68) to run at all let alone on time then something like real time info becomes essential

@Kevin - Can we keep this thread free for Q&A's to Simon only, Winston
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Simon Dunn

Quote from: wulfrun on June 26, 2017, 01:15:09 AM
Hi Simon -  with the welcome investment in new ticket machines, do you happen to know when Diamond services will start to appear in real-time on TfWM boards and app?

I do hope real-time will be available soon.

The real time information on TfWM boards - we are working with them but we are very much in their hands.

In around 10 weeks it will also be available on our website, and an app

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Kevin on June 26, 2017, 12:40:52 PM
Not saying that Diamond are regularly late but when you can't rely on the first bus of the day (Perry Barr/Aston 68) to run at all let alone on time then something like real time info becomes essential

@Kevin - Can we keep this thread free for Q&A's to Simon only, Winston

If you can provide details of the date; I will get this investigated

Kevin

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 30, 2017, 06:12:11 AM
If you can provide details of the date; I will get this investigated

Feb 2nd and March 14th are two I've reported on the Late Running Diamond's thread on here, but it's definitely happened more before and since, this last week it happened Monday (or Wednesday I can't remember) as well
The worrying one about the March one was when the driver eventually turned up for the next journey he tried to say he was there for the previous journey
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Kevin on June 30, 2017, 09:45:42 AM
Feb 2nd and March 14th are two I've reported on the Late Running Diamond's thread on here, but it's definitely happened more before and since, this last week it happened Monday (or Wednesday I can't remember) as well
The worrying one about the March one was when the driver eventually turned up for the next journey he tried to say he was there for the previous journey

From 23rd April we have tracking data which allows us to easily track, replay and follow journeys.

If you have had anything post this date, let me know

Bob

Any truth in the rumour that Diamond are after some arriva midlands garages?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bob on July 02, 2017, 06:01:54 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Diamond are after some arriva midlands garages?

Bob

If the depots were for sale we would be interested.  I can confirm, that as at today I am not aware that any of the Midlands depots are for sale. 

Simon

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk