News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Megabus

Started by bwsau cymru, August 25, 2013, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

29 June 2016

Stagecoach Group plc ("Stagecoach") is pleased to announce that yesterday it agreed the sale of the retail operations of its megabus Europe business to FlixMobility GmbH ("FlixBus").  Only those megabus.com retailing operations involving mainland Europe are part of the agreed sale.

The megabus Europe business comprises both retailing activities and coach operating activities.  The retailing activities involve the design of inter-city coach services, including their timetabling, co-ordination and marketing, as well as the pricing and sale of journeys on those services.  The coach operating activities encompass the day-to-day operation and staffing of the coach services.  We have agreed the sale to FlixBus of the retailing part of that business.  We will continue to operate a number of European inter-city coach services as a contractor to FlixBus and we look forward to building on our relationship with it.

The sale of the megabus Europe retail operations will complete on or around 1 July 2016.  In addition, Stagecoach has agreed that it will dispose of a number of vehicles to FlixBus or its nominee at a future date.

The agreed amount of the consideration for the sale of the retail operations will be satisfied by the issue of a loan note from FlixBus to Stagecoach at completion.  Stagecoach expects the loan note to be fully settled by the end of 2017.  Payment of the loan note is not subject to any conditions or performance criteria which need to be fulfilled.

Stagecoach expects to report a gain on disposal in respect of the sale in its consolidated financial statements for the year ending 30 April 2017.

Existing customer bookings for megabus.com Europe journeys remain valid and these services are continuing to operate as normal.  FlixBus is a leading retailer of inter-city coach travel in Europe - more information on it can be found, and travel can be booked, at www.flixbus.com.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sandy Lane

Did anyone see the two Megabus coaches parked up all day in Victoria Square on a sales pitch?

YY65 VXN (54271)
YJ16 EJO (fleet no not found)

Megabus 54281 was in Saltley at 18:00 going to London. Came down the Washwood Heath Road from Ward End, The Fox and Goose and then through Saltley Gate and Nechells to the City Centre. Rare to see a megabus round there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JoNi

54203 has gained excellent effective branding for Silverstone grand prix.
Mega man sitting in Racing car holding flag on nearside
Holding crash helmet on rear
Holding crash helmet with large wheel on offside.

JoNi

Kiewii

Quote from: JoNi on July 09, 2017, 12:24:47 PM
54203 has gained excellent effective branding for Silverstone grand prix.
Mega man sitting in Racing car holding flag on nearside
Holding crash helmet on rear
Holding crash helmet with large wheel on offside.

Sorry to disappoint, but it has had that branding since new in 2012

JoNi

Quote from: Kiewii on July 10, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
Thanks, never seen it before and just happened to see week before Grand Prix!

YN64AOG

Quote from: Kiewii on July 10, 2017, 03:00:47 PM

Just to say, anyone who wants a lot of Stagecoaches and Megabuses from all over the UK should flock to Northampton this weekend.  It's the Silverstone races and there should be loads of other buses from all over the UK there.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

bensweeney14

Quote from: YN64AOG on July 11, 2017, 11:49:06 AM
Just to say, anyone who wants a lot of Stagecoaches and Megabuses from all over the UK should flock to Northampton this weekend.  It's the Silverstone races and there should be loads of other buses from all over the UK there.

No, they should go to Silverstone where all the buses and coaches park. Megabus won't touch Northampton...
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

YN64AOG

Quote from: bensweeney14 on July 11, 2017, 11:34:54 PM
No, they should go to Silverstone where all the buses and coaches park. Megabus won't touch Northampton...

It costs a lot of money to go to Silverstone. 

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

BusFan94

Quote from: YN64AOG on July 12, 2017, 02:38:34 PM
It costs a lot of money to go to Silverstone.
Well of cause it does, it costs lost of money to go to Wembley I was looking at over £100 when Albion went there in 2005/06 I think
Anyway he didn't mention Silverstone he said Coach Park in Northampton
Back on Topic I think the Gold brand will be there, Don't Megabus operate from London if so they could run services to the British GP
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

YN64AOG

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 12, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
Well of cause it does, it costs lost of money to go to Wembley I was looking at over £100 when Albion went there in 2005/06 I think
Anyway he didn't mention Silverstone he said Coach Park in Northampton
Back on Topic I think the Gold brand will be there, Don't Megabus operate from London if so they could run services to the British GP

Where's the coach park?
I'm planning to go into Northampton on Saturday to get the park and ride buses.

Today there are 4 Routemasters, at least 20 London buses and 3 Leamington MMCs at Northampton depot.

BusFan94

I have no idea where the Coach Park is edit I thought Ben Sweeney said Coach Park he didn't sorry in that case I still have no clue or if it exists
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Cheese

Quote from: YN64AOG on July 13, 2017, 12:58:27 PM
Where's the coach park?
I'm planning to go into Northampton on Saturday to get the park and ride buses.

Today there are 4 Routemasters, at least 20 London buses and 3 Leamington MMCs at Northampton depot.

According to the Silverstone timetable there are buses from Northampton bus station until 1130 on Sat morning, with the main Park and Ride at Sixfields. An E400 City demo has also turned up at Northampton, no idea if this is going to be used or not.

YN64AOG

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 13, 2017, 01:49:08 PM
I have no idea where the Coach Park is edit I thought Ben Sweeney said Coach Park he didn't sorry in that case I still have no clue or if it exists

I expect he means the Victoria Promenade coach station.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk