News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2013, 09:30:20 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 01, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
I think some B9 Enviro 400's or Scania's

I can't remember whether Volvo have confirmed the new double decker offering, or are they standardising on the B5LH?

The new single decker will be B8RLE

Do Scania even still offer the Omnicity Double Decker bodywork now? as they haven't won any orders since First took 39 x 61 plate examples for Tfl routes 207/207N some two years ago

http://www.volvobuses.com/bus/uk/en-gb/newsmedia/pressreleases/_layouts/CWP.Internet.VolvoCom/NewsItem.aspx?News.ItemId=133552&News.Language=en-gb

If I've read this right the B9s replacement will be the B5TL and will be launched this Autumn (presumably it will be at Coach and Bus live at the NEC) :P

Also give me Scania over the current Volvo offerings any day, fingers crossed the Euro 6 range is a vast improvement!

BU07 LGO

I can't remember whether Volvo have confirmed the new double decker offering, or are they standardising on the B5LH?

Do Scania even still offer the Omnicity Double Decker bodywork now? as they haven't won any orders since First took 39 x 61 plate examples for Tfl routes 207/207N some two years ago

I think the B9 is available on a Enviro body?

I haven't actually seen any newer than 61 plate now that you mention it although Stagecoach have took on a lot of Scania engine enviro's

Stuharris 6360

Am i right in thinking that Scania no longer produce the double decker Omnicity?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2013, 09:39:50 PM
Am i right in thinking that Scania no longer produce the double decker Omnicity?

That's what I'm thinking despite rumours that NX could be taking some for Sutton Lines earlier this year. Scania still produce double deck chassis, but I'm not sure of what Stagecoach buy to have bodied by ADL are the same as the Omncity double decker chassis

PM

I dont think they do no but Im sure they would consider offering it again if people wanted it-scania products just seemed to stop selling overnight-in 2009 everyone was buying them

About scanias euro 6 range they must be planning to offer something tho I reckon their USP will be gas buses and the reading ones look really good

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Peter123 on July 01, 2013, 09:49:47 PM

I dont think they do no but Im sure they would consider offering it again if people wanted it-scania products just seemed to stop selling overnight-in 2009 everyone was buying them

About scanias euro 6 range they must be planning to offer something tho I reckon their USP will be gas buses and the reading ones look really good

The same ones which were converted to diesel after a year of service :p

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2013, 09:35:21 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 01, 2013, 09:32:29 PM
To be honest, buying a big batch of scania buses wouldnt be a bad idea as with scania making people redundant at slupsk they want a big order and would give a good deal Im sure so maybe time for some more omnilinks :P

Please NO, no more Omnilinks, hate them, would much prefer the B7RLE, a much better bus.

Couldn't agree more. I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about any more new Omnilinks though anyway

The Real 4778

Quote from: Winston on July 01, 2013, 09:19:40 PM

It would be dull if we had a fleet of only a few types in a few years to come

Back to the mid-late nineties - an endless sea of Metrobuses, save for the H-LOM Scanias and Lynxes. 

At least that's how it felt...
Don't you start.

Liverpool Street

Why has 2142 been repainted?

It also had a red strip between destination and windscreen. Different shade of red then usual B7RLE as new.

It looks like a new cab window and lower front quarter panels also.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

bwsau cymru

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 01, 2013, 09:38:14 PM

I think the B9 is available on a Enviro body?

I haven't actually seen any newer than 61 plate now that you mention it although Stagecoach have took on a lot of Scania engine enviro's

Yeah b9 is available on enviro400 and 500, Dublin bus are examples, they favour Volvo.

On the subject of scania I would love some more second best engine and build out there. Think the build quality is far much superior to ADL and Wright only one I would say is better than scania is Mercedes (who I reckon are the best out there).

Personally I would love for NX to buy a batch of the citaros which have a great 6 litre engine which surely has to offer great fuel consumption?
And hopefully (even though I reckon it wouldn't happen), buy some Mercedes engine optare double deckers which are ment to be coming out shortly!
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Quote from: dannygill on July 03, 2013, 12:19:30 AM

Personally I would love for NX to buy a batch of the citaros which have a great 6 litre engine which surely has to offer great fuel consumption?
And hopefully (even though I reckon it wouldn't happen), buy some Mercedes engine optare double deckers which are ment to be coming out shortly!

Totally agree, I'd love to see NX buying a batch of the latest Citaros to upgrade some of the higher profile single decker routes

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/bus/home/new_buses/models/regular_service_busses/_citaro.flash.html

WB could get a some new Citaro in next year.
I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 02, 2013, 07:30:30 PM
Why has 2142 been repainted?

It also had a red strip between destination and windscreen. Different shade of red then usual B7RLE as new.

It looks like a new cab window and lower front quarter panels also.

2063 @ WN has also had the red at least repainted in to the new shade; I can only assume both are due to accident damage

winston

Quote from: 6013 on July 03, 2013, 09:03:55 AM
WB could get a some new Citaro in next year.

It would be nice to see Pensnett gain a batch to upgrade some of the higher profile single decker routes that serve Merry Hill  ;)

The Real 4778

Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk