News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coastal Liner

Started by fleetline6477, May 03, 2013, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Is there any route between Essington & Bloxwich thesedays?

Quote from: Westy on January 19, 2018, 06:24:46 PM
Is there any route between Essington & Bloxwich thesedays?
Only routes from Bloxwich to Essington currently are the Costal Liner 16 (Once a day, Monday to Friday only), which will be withdrawn from March 31st and a NXWM school service - 868.
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_SELTT_REQUEST
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Straightlines

Quote from: 2206 on January 19, 2018, 05:31:01 PM
PD0001888/16 Cancelled
COASTAL LINER LTD
Route: Essington to Bloxwich
Service number: 16
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 31 Mar 2018

There last public bus service will be withdrawn from Saturday 31st March 2018.

Do they do anything else other than the occasional rail replacement, could this be the end of them? Its been said you don't often see there coaches anywhere but in there yard.

They were doing a Contract to the Rodbaston Campus of South Staffordshire College but I'm not sure if this still operates.

BusMan Greg

Members of the public can still get on the 868 only till essington were most of the kids get on. It does say on most NXWM school routes that they are available to the general public. I'm surprised that coastal liner is still going now but I don't think it will be long till they are gone

mranon

according to a fb page, coastal liner have lost a couple of vehicles to a fire in their yard. apparently 2 metrobuses were safe. does anyone know which vehicles they have lost. be ashame if the ex smiths imperial jonckheere has been lost

Bus Man K2

Hi I was just wondering does Coastal Liner still run services?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 13, 2020, 08:48:03 AM
Hi I was just wondering does Coastal Liner still run services?
They only do rail replacement & private hire. 

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 13, 2020, 09:12:35 AM
They only do rail replacement & private hire.

Thanks for the reply @Pat.

So they need to update their website then as they still say they operate the 16 from Easington.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 13, 2020, 09:31:43 AM
Thanks for the reply @Pat.

So they need to update their website then as they still say they operate the 16 from Easington.
Yes, it needs updating.  The 16 was cancelled 2 years ago.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 13, 2020, 11:57:30 AM
Yes, it needs updating.  The 16 was cancelled 2 years ago.

Hi @Pat  who can advise them as I've tried to contact  them with no prevail.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 15, 2020, 11:33:24 AM
Hi @Pat  who can advise them as I've tried to contact  them with no prevail.
They're the only people you can contact, as it's their website which they have control over.

DJ

YG52 EVY has now been repainted into the Coastal livery, cream with a red skirt. Just passed it running dead near Portobello Island.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

jc

I passed it this morning doing some school route near Wooten Warren

Busman Jamie

Quote from: StourValley98 on September 08, 2020, 01:19:28 PM
YG52 EVY has now been repainted into the Coastal livery, cream with a red skirt. Just passed it running dead near Portobello Island.

Been painted a while, T183CLO, the solo, and the 2 Irizar coaches are in the same liverey

DJ

Quote from: Busman Jamie on September 08, 2020, 07:30:31 PM
Been painted a while, T183CLO, the solo, and the 2 Irizar coaches are in the same liverey

Ah, gotcha. I knew about T183CLO as I saw that on rails last weekend. I just hadn't seen anything on here about the Commander.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk