News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 02, 2018, 10:12:19 PM
The 142 being brought back??!!!! Please yes
Could it just be that it hasn't been updated on the DVSA website for some reason and this is an amendment tendered journeys that still remain?
Whats wrong with the Central Buses service you've got at the moment?

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2017, 06:56:39 PM
I don't see what you don't get and how you say the logic is unreal.

It loses loads of money, needs thousands more passengers to break even. Simons has told you that. So it is not successful
If it was losing loads of money and needed  thousand more passengers to break even why would it be comming back @Trident 4194
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2206 on January 02, 2018, 10:50:20 PM
Could it just be that it hasn't been updated on the DVSA website for some reason and this is an amendment tendered journeys that still remain?
Whats wrong with the Central Buses service you've got at the moment?
If it was losing loads of money and needed  thousand more passengers to break even why would it be comming back @Trident 4194

Registration for diversion due to the bridge near Stourbridge Town being shut until May.

Quote from: Diamond BusParkfield Road in Stourbridge will be closed from 7th January until 6th May 2018, due to reconstruction work on the bridge. During this time the following Diamond services will be diverted:

Services 142, 276 and 287 towards Stourbridge Bus Station:

Normal line of route until Red Hill, then left into Cranbourne Rd, right onto Hagley Rd, left onto the ring road: New Rd, Bath Rd, St Johns Rd, then left into Foster Street East and right into Stourbridge Bus Station.

Stops along Red Hill and Parkfield Rd will not be served.

Services from Stourbridge Bus Station will serve their normal line of route.

Affected Services: 142 276 287

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on January 02, 2018, 10:25:34 PM
So they put in a short notice registration for the 318 at the end of the year. Then cancel it two weeks later.
Hope it doesn't go, but hell that's just me being selfish

Probably a tender change or something similar.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sayeed

I am sure some residents in B32 will be very pleased to see 142 back to QEHB route.   
Век живи - век учись

Quote from: Sayeed on January 03, 2018, 12:16:12 AM
I am sure some residents in B32 will be very pleased to see 142 back to QEHB route.
Its not coming back @Sayeed , @the trainbasher  has just said above its the registration of a diversion on the few evening and Sunday tendered journeys between Halesowen and Stourbridge  that still remain due due a bridge closure in Stourbridge.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Anyone heard of the bus crash in Stratford with a lorry?

Lorry driver died, bus driver injured.

Tony

Quote from: MW on January 17, 2018, 09:25:37 PM
Anyone heard of the bus crash in Stratford with a lorry?

Lorry driver died, bus driver injured.

Story is on Coventry Evening Telegraph website

DJ

I was having a browse through Flickr earlier and I found this image of a Diamond Solo on the 313 route. How long did they operate on that for? I caught the 313 near-daily to go to school after 2013, and before that I walked along part of the route from my old house, and I can't remember seeing them on there at all. The closest I can remember is the 300/310 back in the day.

If anyone can bring me up to speed on this, it'd be much appreciated.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: DJ98 on January 25, 2018, 11:49:22 AM
I was having a browse through Flickr earlier and I found this image of a Diamond Solo on the 313 route. How long did they operate on that for? I caught the 313 near-daily to go to school after 2013, and before that I walked along part of the route from my old house, and I can't remember seeing them on there at all. The closest I can remember is the 300/310 back in the day.

If anyone can bring me up to speed on this, it'd be much appreciated.

Didnt Diamond have the evening & Sunday tender on the 313 at some point between Wednesbury & Dudley, while Twm ran a mixture of the 311 / 311a / 312 on the other routes at those times?

DJ

Quote from: Westy on January 25, 2018, 11:05:07 PM
Didnt Diamond have the evening & Sunday tender on the 313 at some point between Wednesbury & Dudley, while Twm ran a mixture of the 311 / 311a / 312 on the other routes at those times?

That seems like it'd be correct, since the image showed a Solo on the 313 running to Wednesbury. I remember the 311A, which went down Owen Street, rather than through Princes End, but what route did the 312 take? I have zero memory of that route, unfortunatley. All that I can find online from images, is that it ran from Stourbridge to Walsall, via Dudley and Wednesbury, so I'm guessing it took a different route than the 311 or 313 did somewhere along the route?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: Westy on January 25, 2018, 11:05:07 PM
There was a half-arsed 313A, but it was withdrawn some time before the 311A.

Westy

The 313A from memory, was certain early morning journeys that served Wood Green Road, rather than the Myvod.

Wasnt the 311a & 312 the same service renumbered from one to the other?

Westy

I'll dig out my Centro maps later, but I bet I don't have the relavant one!

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on January 26, 2018, 12:00:59 PM
That seems like it'd be correct, since the image showed a Solo on the 313 running to Wednesbury. I remember the 311A, which went down Owen Street, rather than through Princes End, but what route did the 312 take? I have zero memory of that route, unfortunatley. All that I can find online from images, is that it ran from Stourbridge to Walsall, via Dudley and Wednesbury, so I'm guessing it took a different route than the 311 or 313 did somewhere along the route?

The 312 was via 313 between Walsall and Wednesbury, then via 311 from Wednesbury, but using Owen Street in Tipton to get to Dudley then on to Stourbridge via the now 246.

The 311A was the same but used the 311 route between Walsall & Wednesbury

Jack

Quote from: Tony on January 26, 2018, 07:02:50 PM
The 311A was the same but used the 311 route between Walsall & Wednesbury
I recall seeing the 311A serving Myvod Road, didn't it run Evenings and Sundays?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk