News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

From Thursday 31st October Bordesley's entire fleet will be free from all window etching and outside panel damage. Any that does occur will be repaired immediately as per Birmingham City Transport tradition.

All vehicles will be fitted with improved video equipment which will always be working

Hopefully the first of 10 garages to get this treatment

Gareth

arrifirststage

An admirable aim..........if they are only 40% as good as BCT it will be one of the best fleets in the country.
Probably churlish to nit -pick but PLEASE stop this hideous branding of the fleet at the same time.

Gareth

A quick thought. To remove window etching, is that done by replacing the window? That won't be an easy task with a fleet of bonded window buses.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on October 26, 2013, 01:41:01 PM
A quick thought. To remove window etching, is that done by replacing the window? That won't be an easy task with a fleet of bonded window buses.
Most etching can be polished out. A thin protective plastic is then put on which is changed when damaged

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on October 26, 2013, 01:57:46 PM
Quote from: Gareth on October 26, 2013, 01:41:01 PM
Most etching can be polished out. A thin protective plastic is then put on which is changed when damaged

Would this be the same protective plastic that a) I normally see slowly peeling off windows and helped on its way by the locals and b) I have noticed a lot recently on the front upstairs windows on PBs deckers that don't actually fit the entire window?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

suavegarv

Can't they also put the serial numbers in the same place on each vehicle as per the old BCT tradition!!?

JB93

Bordesley are now using the font that the buses at BC, PB, and AG are using. I got on a 55 earlier and the display is different now.

Dylan4579

Quote from: JB93 on November 03, 2013, 11:15:53 PM
Bordesley are now using the font that the buses at BC, PB, and AG are using. I got on a 55 earlier and the display is different now.
And the 8 has lowercase letters now.

winston

Has anyone seen 1792 lately? It's the only one between 1788 - 1803 that isn't refurbished or going through refurbishment

Gareth

Saw 1792 today. Still unrefurbed.

Liverpool Street

Having looked through some older topics in The Archive, has Bordesley Green still got the youngest fleet? (I ask as I don't expect new E400's to adjust the averages by that much)

I wouldn't mind Pete (uniquicity) having another look at the average age of fleets again.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 19, 2013, 12:03:06 PM
Having looked through some older topics in The Archive, has Bordesley Green still got the youngest fleet? (I ask as I don't expect new E400's to adjust the averages by that much)

I wouldn't mind Pete (uniquicity) having another look at the average age of fleets again.

BY should still have the youngest fleet and be approaching 6 years average now.

But I should imagine that BC & PB (once all 26 x E400's are delivered) will now be getting closer to BY at 7-8 years

uniquicity

Quote from: Winston on November 19, 2013, 12:13:04 PM

But I should imagine that BC & PB (once all 26 x E400's are delivered) will now be getting closer to BY at 7-8 years

I'll have a look at my spreadsheet when I get home, currently at work ;)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: uniquicity on November 19, 2013, 12:52:41 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 19, 2013, 12:13:04 PM

I'll have a look at my spreadsheet when I get home, currently at work ;)

Cheers Pete, its appreciated. I presume you've added the new additions already?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk