News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Depotosw on July 09, 2020, 10:20:53 PM
Hi Simon

Had this targeted email the other day (see below). Does the recent change of tone and capacity (excluding Leicester of course) suggest more general customers are been welcomed back? The same tone seems to be also been seen with other operators, First Kernow for example are putting summer frequencies back up for tourist routes routes with open tops from 12th July:

We have been closely following industry guidance on social distancing and from 8th July we will be changing our onboard seating guidance.

Please sit one per row unless travelling with a member of your own household.

This excludes Leicester and surrounding areas, where our current seating guidelines remain in place in line with the localised lockdown of the area.

To protect your fellow customers and our drivers you can also follow the below steps when travelling onboard:

- Please keep your face covering on for the entire journey. Face coverings must be worn onboard.

- Follow our no standing policy

- Pay by contactless or the app. Only use cash as a last resort and with exact fare only as our drivers cannot provide change.

- Please don't travel if you feel unwell

-  Face away from others when sitting onboard

Throughout the pandemic your and our employees' safety has been and continues to be our priority and we will continue to monitor our service levels in line with current demand and ongoing advice from public health bodies.

For more information please visit: arrivabus.co.uk

Stay safe

Arriva UK Bus

The Government advice remains that public transport should be used only if essential and we support that.  However, as more lockdown restrictions are eased, more people will be using the bus and we wanted to send out a message that reinforces what needs to happen when they travel and what they can expect.

mikestone

No it doesn't - the latest guidance issued to the public quite clearly restricts any reference to essential journeys as applying to/from/in locations in local lockdown.
;
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers

AlexS

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 10, 2020, 09:20:35 AM
The Government advice remains that public transport should be used only if essential and we support that.  However, as more lockdown restrictions are eased, more people will be using the bus and we wanted to send out a message that reinforces what needs to happen when they travel and what they can expect.
Although from what I saw while out on a walk this afternoon, it is acceptable for the drivers significant other to meet her at a stop mid route to have a cigarette whilst sat in the doorway of the bus and not bothering to social distance.

l.murphy123

The 2A is showing as running from tomorrow on google maps, I presume this is incorrect?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 12, 2020, 08:38:31 PM
The 2A is showing as running from tomorrow on google maps, I presume this is incorrect?

Yes incorrect.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: mikestone on July 10, 2020, 04:58:00 PM
No it doesn't - the latest guidance issued to the public quite clearly restricts any reference to essential journeys as applying to/from/in locations in local lockdown.
;
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers

Yes you are correct - I was paraphrasing a bit and had my Leicester head on!

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: AlexS on July 10, 2020, 11:49:44 PM
Although from what I saw while out on a walk this afternoon, it is acceptable for the drivers significant other to meet her at a stop mid route to have a cigarette whilst sat in the doorway of the bus and not bothering to social distance.

Having cigarettes mid route has never been acceptable.  A couple from the same household don't have to social distance of course - nor those in a social bubble.

Simon@Arriva

Thanks to everyone for questions, comments and debates on here over the years when I was both with NXWM and, since 2013, with Arriva.

As some of you will know, I am both a bus professional and an enthusiast (with not enough time for the latter sadly).  I have always loved my job and the industry.

Since Feb 2018 when I came back to being an Operational Director my area has grown from being what was Midlands North and Derby to include Leicester/shire and now, since February this year, Milton Keynes as well. 

With such a large area comes an increase in workload but also less awareness of some of the details of the day to day operations - for those I trust my excellent team of managers.  I am not as close to some of the things that you all ask about as I used to be. 

I also have less time to spend on here happily reading through the various posts and threads (for my own interest) and answering questions.  Recent posts have also made me feel as if the answers I give are now fair game to be taken apart and overly criticised, rather than being the genuine attempt to answer questions as best I can.

So I will leave the site in my professional capacity and thank you all for the posts over the years - maybe getting on for 10 years I think.  I will lurk in the background reading what I can, when I can.  Stay safe all.

Depotosw

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 10, 2020, 09:20:35 AM

Thank you Simon for your reply and sorry you are keeping distance from the forum moving forward but fully understandable, more so with the current climate and increased work loads. I have found your contributions and answers excellent. 

kernow dave

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 13, 2020, 08:32:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for questions, comments and debates on here over the years when I was both with NXWM and, since 2013, with Arriva.

As some of you will know, I am both a bus professional and an enthusiast (with not enough time for the latter sadly).  I have always loved my job and the industry.

Since Feb 2018 when I came back to being an Operational Director my area has grown from being what was Midlands North and Derby to include Leicester/shire and now, since February this year, Milton Keynes as well. 

With such a large area comes an increase in workload but also less awareness of some of the details of the day to day operations - for those I trust my excellent team of managers.  I am not as close to some of the things that you all ask about as I used to be. 

I also have less time to spend on here happily reading through the various posts and threads (for my own interest) and answering questions.  Recent posts have also made me feel as if the answers I give are now fair game to be taken apart and overly criticised, rather than being the genuine attempt to answer questions as best I can.

So I will leave the site in my professional capacity and thank you all for the posts over the years - maybe getting on for 10 years I think.  I will lurk in the background reading what I can, when I can.  Stay safe all.

Simon many thanks for your contributions over the years. I was brought up to be polite and respectful of others and I am surprised at times that you have answered some, often repetitive, inane remarks, aimed at you and the company.

Best wishes for what the future holds and I wish you and your family, colleagues and all in the industry a safe and healthy future.

Justin Tyme

I too would like to say thank you, Simon, for all you have shared with us over the years.

This forum has been all the better for your involvement.

All the best for the future.

Pat

Thank you Simon for being available to answer our questions.  You've been very helpful on many occasions and given answers to questions that we may not have has the opportunity to ask.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk