News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sandwell Travel

Started by Lukeee, September 05, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

How long have Sandwell Travel been running on the 80, and how often do they (supposedly) run.

Many Thanks

Tony

Registration was from yesterday, they have had two buses out both days

Ash

I saw one of their buses enter and leave the bus station today and was about 10 passengers on when entering the bus station and about 15ish when leaving the bus station dont know if people class this as good loadings.

Lukeee

Thanks, thought i hadnt seen them on there before, also i noticed how on Tonys photo of the N reg dart on the 80, its already lost its company name on the front (as opposed to the other picture of it).

PM

They supposedly used to do the 63-they were left on centro's updated timetables long after they had left the route. strange

hartshill busman 724210

While perusing further on vosa i noticed this.

Public Inquiry (45150) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 08 October 2012 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2157)
)
PD1095259 SN
SANDWELL TRAVEL LIMITED
Director(s): SUKHWINDER SINGH.
26, SOMERSET ROAD WEST BROMWICH B71 1HA, GB
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985
Lots of different categories to answer to here.

PM

Oh good! Let's hope this crappy operator is soon to be off the road

Discodave

to be expected with the crap they have bye bye to another tat operator shame arriva cannock are not up there with the tat they run but can always cover it up being a big boy the big operators except first never get held to account for crappy buses and poor service

vinh1000

Their buses are tat and prob good to see them go
Never notice their services to be 'busy'
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Glad we agree there crap and they used to operate the 63-well they did for about 2 months, were kept on the timetables for about another 3 even on the updated ones! Hope this is bye bye another operator that gives buses a bad image

Badger

"Also" - who else?

Edit: Ah, just read about Midland/Liyell sorry.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

fleetline6477

What was the outcome of this hearing? There was no sign of them around Bradford Place yesterday afternoon, maybe I was there at the point the 334 has a break.

Bruce_LOA400X

In general, there seems to be a fair few operators going under and/or being pulled up by VOSA etc.. very interesting.
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

s-m-991

I have been on 333X many times, seats are uncomfortable and one driver thought he was a Michael Schumacher over that new canal bridge in Bentley.

D10

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on October 14, 2012, 05:18:05 PM
In general, there seems to be a fair few operators going under and/or being pulled up by VOSA etc.. very interesting.

Yes, and hopefully the West Midland Traffic Commissioner is now showing his teeth. I used to hear about the others, particularly the Scottish one taking action against dodgy operators, but not a peep from the one down here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk