News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

The route will now go in and out by the same route thus serving Oakalls both ways which seems sensible to me.
According to data picked up by the present operator the average load on the early morning journeys is less than 1 on average so the Council felt it not economical to run

B61 ANDREW

Hi Mr. igogeneral , I have noticed a website notification saying the Kev's are acquiring 4 x 06 reg  Primo's from East Yorkshire.  Can you confirm this please ? Thanks. ANDREW.

Mike S

Steven Knight Media has these as YX06 HVJ/L/M/N

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Mike S on February 23, 2018, 03:39:47 PM
Steven Knight Media has these as YX06 HVJ/L/M/N

Always worth a quick look at the above site.  :D

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: igogeneral on January 09, 2018, 09:49:48 PM
Hi all, nice to see Kev's on the forum. 147 service starts operating 26 February probably using one of the existing Primo's.

Primo KX06LXP worked the inaugural service this morning. Worth noting the two minute turn a round at Halesowen.  8)

igogeneral

2 minutes at Halesowen but 24 at Bromsgrove Station and yes, we have acquired 4xPrimo from EYMS which they had owned from new. 147 went well today with Mr Scerri at the helm.
2 drivers needed if anyone interested at hourly rate in excess of any local operators.

Ashley 60171

Can a Worcestershire County Connecta ticket be purchased on the 147 from Halesowen?

Trident 4194

Slightly unusual bus being used on 147 today. New bus for the route?

B61 ANDREW

Kevs have been seen operating a Solo , YJ62FYZ in and around Worcester so you may have seen that one , although I have seen a "non-Solo" , "non-Primo" vehicle on a couple of 147 workings this week.  8)

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on March 06, 2018, 04:54:01 PM
Kevs have been seen operating a Solo , YJ62FYZ in and around Worcester so you may have seen that one , although I have seen a "non-Solo" , "non-Primo" vehicle on a couple of 147 workings this week.  8)
I rode on the 147 today with Mercedes WX07 ZRG, decidedly non DDA!
Tony

Trident 4194

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 06, 2018, 05:00:11 PM

Looks a nice enough bus to me 😂

Good journey?? @Other Walsall Tony

Pretty good loading on the 15:34 from Halesowen- nearly full bus- don't know whether the 202 had turned up or not though

the trainbasher

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 06, 2018, 05:00:11 PM

Apparently it's registered as a coach so that does not apply

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Smethwickian

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 03, 2018, 11:00:17 PM
Can a Worcestershire County Connecta ticket be purchased on the 147 from Halesowen?

Not from Halesowen town centre, no. Worcestershire's Connecta tickets are strictly within county boundary only. There was a precise list of boundary stops somewhere on the county council website originally but like a lot of its transport info it seems to have disappeared or not been updated for a very long time.

Kevin

Quote from: Smethwickian on March 07, 2018, 11:23:21 AM
Not from Halesowen town centre, no. Worcestershire's Connecta tickets are strictly within county boundary only. There was a precise list of boundary stops somewhere on the county council website originally but like a lot of its transport info it seems to have disappeared or not been updated for a very long time.

Although I have previously caught the 007 when Central Buses ran it and the driver sold me one at Halesowen, so you might just get lucky sometimes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

metrocity

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 06, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
Apparently it's registered as a coach so that does not apply

I would have thought all Worcestershire County Council contracts stipulate that a DDA compliant vehicle is provided at all times however?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk